Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2003 in-dash 6-disc will not eject/play Forums > > 2003 in-dash 6-disc will not eject/play 2003 in-dash 6-disc will not eject/play
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Anonymous

Default 2003 in-dash 6-disc will not eject/play

Pathfinder LE radio/tape still works fine. The cd-changer will not eject or play any disc. When trying to change or eject discs its mechanical routine is a little longer than it was. After that it says "PUSH EJECT." No CDs eject and it shuts off. I noticed their was a bulletin (01041) that may have addressed the issue, but it isn't up for viewing. This is a problem I'd love to remedy on my own. Do you have any information? Thank you.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately there are no bulletins for your problem, the bulletin that you refer 01041 was just overview information about the DVD system not the CD changer.

Most likely there is a mechanical problem with the CD changer, very common in all Nissan in-dash CD changer. Unfortunately the only solution is removing and repairing the CD changer. You can do it trough the dealer or you can remove the CD changer yourself and send it to a repair shop.

Here is a link to one:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/
Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Anonymous

My Pathfinder in'dash went kaput also. Is it the Bose system? If so give it up and get an aftermarket unit.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
nospam4cj

This is a common problem with Factory Bose/Clarion 6-disc changers. You may want to take a look at how Nissan and Clarion will handle this problem:

Nissan Pathfinder 01 - 6 Disc CD Changer - HELP
Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Christopher02

I know this is fairly common with the 2001 models, not sure but the later years. If you have warranty still they should replace it still for free.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Getripe

You can try to unhook the battery to do a "reset". My player has to red lights on with two disc in the drive, but neither will play or eject. I will try the battery thing when I can and post. I just read it elsewhere. Any suggestions would be appriciated.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
DanPathfiner

I have an 02 Pathfinder and the CD skips for the first 5-10min of drive time then it is fine. anyone have that problem??
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
mhawk05

I have a fully functional Bose unit in my 2003 SE I would be willing to sell if anyone is interested.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
dmart

i have a 2002 pathfinder and i can only control my radio through the steering wheel. i caint eject any cds
Old 06-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Jonny b

My '01 'changer is stealing CD's, try starting the car on a hill, the changer spins up, i started mine on a down slope and got some back out... after a bunch of moaning and groaning form it of course

Tags
2003, 6disc, eject or play, indash