Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Turn Signal Problem with Lights On (2003) Forums > > Turn Signal Problem with Lights On (2003) Turn Signal Problem with Lights On (2003)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-26-2014, 07:46 AM
2003 Pathfinder

Default Turn Signal Problem with Lights On (2003)

Hi guys,
My left turn signal is intermittently not working with the headlights selected on...This can last for a few hours, or a few days and has been happening for about 5 months.
With lights off all turn signal indications always operate normally, but when lights turned on the left signal indicator on the panel comes on, and stays on...The left signal does not work.
The left turn signal lights are "on" steady on front and rear of the vehicle. The right signal lights operate normally with lights on.
Have interchanges all light bulbs with no fix.
This vehicle also has a U Haul tow hitch installed, and has been on the vehicle for almost 7 years. I have inspected the wiring and it "appears" ok.
Another twist....Low beam headlights operate normally, but when high beam selected the left operates normally , but the right headlight does not illuminate at all. Have changed the right headlight bulb with no fix. I understand there is a headlight module right beside the battery on the frame. I believe this is the fix for the headlight......Could this have anything to do with the left signal not working with the lights on??
Sorry for being a little wordy
I'd appreciate any experience or ideas anyone might have.
Thanks very much,
Rob
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 AM
2003 Pathfinder

Just thought I would mention....Problem solved.

Turns out it was in tow package wiring. Replaced the wiring harness for the fix.

Tags
2003, lights, problem, signal, turn