Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ABS, VDC Off, Slip, no 4WD and C1101, C1102, C1163 Forums > > ABS, VDC Off, Slip, no 4WD and C1101, C1102, C1163 ABS, VDC Off, Slip, no 4WD and C1101, C1102, C1163
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-20-2014, 04:49 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Default ABS, VDC Off, Slip, no 4WD and C1101, C1102, C1163

So been chasing down a stubborn issue with my 05 with 165k on it. A couple weeks back when driving under light braking ABS would seem to kick in and then after next start up the ABS, Brake, VDC Off, Slip and 4x4 lights stayed on and the display for 2 or 4wd would go blank after around 15 seconds.

Read the codes and was getting c1101 and 1102 (right and left rear sensor) and c1109 (battery voltage abnormal). Checked for grounds and did find one right by accumulator that was corroded through which I repaired and tested. Lights stayed on.

Next went through and checked other grounds that I could find (3 in driver side fender), but don't know if there are others. Then when in order to diagnose:

1. Pulled the connector to the accumulator and checked terminals as per manual. Got power and ground to the right terminals.
2. Then disconnected rear harness and checked pins for continuity back to the harness, checked connectors...all were good.
3. Checked brake fluid levels and how dirty it was (it wasn't)
4. Checked battery (12.3-12.4 off), checked alternator when running...all tested good

After this I pulled codes again and got C1101, C1102 and C1163 (steering angle sensor circuit)

So next:
1. Replaced accumulator with low mile used unit and fully bled system
2. Still no luck so replaced rear sensor harness

Even after all of this I'm still getting the same codes (c1101,c1102,c1163) and not sure what to do next. Truck has been great but starting to show its age...want to keep it going as long as we can. Of course having no 4wd or traction control in the winter we're having is not great.

Ideas folks? Are there other grounds I could be missing? Don't want to just keep throwing parts at it...
Old 02-21-2014, 06:00 AM
2005 Pathfinder

So just called local dealership and talked to advisor. Walked him through everything done so far and he says he thinks it is the steering angle sensor but this sounds fishy to me...what do you guys think. I know it is throwing a c1163 code but I assumed it was due to swapping the accumulator and I don't have a consult tool. I can't see how the steering angle sensor could trip a c1101 and c1102 code but he says it can? He said the c1109 (now gone) could have been tripped by the steering angle sensor before it threw the c1163 code. I'm not sure that is true?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:49 PM
2015 Rogue

Broken wires to the rear sensors is a common problem. I would double check the wires.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:15 AM
2017 Pathfinder

I have a 2017 with same problem. DTC for Right rear wheel speed sensor. Tracked to broken wire under dashboard. Now reappeared 4 months later with same code. Anyone have any ideas? ABS module already replaced, took 3 weeks to find broken wire, this time codes cleared and dealer claims fixed, but cannot replicated, currently still there 4 hrs drive away. Not looking forward to driving 4hrs with nothing fixed.

Tags
4wd, abs, c1101, c1102, c1163, slip, vdc