Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Pathfinder ABS, SLIP, VDC lights all on and stay on Forums > > 2005 Pathfinder ABS, SLIP, VDC lights all on and stay on 2005 Pathfinder ABS, SLIP, VDC lights all on and stay on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Default 2005 Pathfinder ABS, SLIP, VDC lights all on and stay on

So I hit a pothole over the weekend and now the ABS, VDC OFF, and SLIP light are all on and stay on.

Also, when I try to switch to 4WD the icon lights for the wheels on the dash just keep blinking and 4WD never engages.

Thoughts? Maybe and ABS wheel speed sensor on the wheel that hit the pot hole? Would that affect the 4wd as well?
Old 02-03-2014, 10:52 AM
G47

if you have an OBD-II reader try to read the codes and try erase the codes if there are any.

If you dont have one, you can try to disconnect the battery for 30 min or so and see if it resets it
Old 02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

A generic OBD II code reader won't read ABS system codes. I would recommend you get the codes read to help diagnose the problem, which will require a scantool capable of accessing these system to retrieve the codes.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 AM
2005 Pathfinder

A bit more info...

I disconnected the batter for a couple of minutes. When I reconnected the ABS and SLIP lights were off but the VDC OFF light was still on.

I was able to successfully switch to 4WD.

However when I went back later that night and restarted the car the the lights were all back on again.

Can I access the rear passenger side sensor without taking off the wheel... just by getting under the car?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You can access the speed sensor wire from under the car, but would need to remove the wheel to access the sensor.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 AM
2005 Pathfinder

I climbed under the car and it looks to me like you can get to the sensor(s) without taking the wheel off, although removing the spare gives you more room...

That is if I am looking at the right thing...back near the universal joint. There actually look to be two sensors, one on each side that go up to a plug.

That matches pictures I've seen on internet searches.

That being said, every place online I have look says the part is not available
Old 02-20-2014, 05:06 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I just ordered and got the rear abs sensors from advance auto...ordered online and found a code that gave me around $50 off (google advance auto coupon)...so total was around $140. They were out as well for a little while but seem to have them again now...unfortunately did not solve my issue...
Old 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder

Default Reply

I had the same thing happen to our 06 pathfinder. I noticed that there was a slight pull to the left while driving straight. Instead of dumping a ton of money into a fix that i wasnt sure was the problem, I did my homework on what throws the lights to come on. After reading up, the Pathfinder being out of alignment can make these lights come on and stay on. I took the pathfinder to a tire guy i trust and he aligned the vehicle and said "I have seen a few of these. They are tough to align perfectly." After the alignment, I drove the pathfinder about 2 miles and the lights went off and have never came back on. That was over a year ago. Maybe try the alignment route first?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:59 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
A generic OBD II code reader won't read ABS system codes. I would recommend you get the codes read to help diagnose the problem, which will require a scantool capable of accessing these system to retrieve the codes.
Thanks for the replies. I took it into a local Pep Boys and got the codes read.

It came back with a
C1102 Rear Left ABS Sensor fault

I found the ABS Speed sensor assembly online at Napa (it comes as a harness with both right and left rear sensors). I installed but the the lights are still on.

I inspected the wiring after the the sensor connection but did not see an obvious wiring damage.

Not sure what to do now. I've dumped over $300 into parts and diagnostics. Maybe I'm stuck with a dealer visit?

Note they also said something about the positive battery terminal not getting a good connection (i've never noticed anything) and that was causing a VDC code fault?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
2015 Rogue

You need to check the wiring for the sensor. I would start with the back half first. Disconnect the large connector on the passenger side frame rail (on the frame near the front of the passenger front door.) It is easy to identify the wire for the sensors because they are twisted together. Use an ohm meter to check continuity from the connector on the frame to the connector at the sensor.( probe from the back side, not into the terminal end). If you have continuity on those wires you will need to check the front half from the connector on the frame up to the connector on the abs controller. Most of the time it is a broken wire in the rear portion of the harness. Occasionally you will find a break a few inches from the connector on the frame toward the front of the vehicle where the harness goes behind the fender liner.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
You need to check the wiring for the sensor. I would start with the back half first. Disconnect the large connector on the passenger side frame rail (on the frame near the front of the passenger front door.) It is easy to identify the wire for the sensors because they are twisted together. Use an ohm meter to check continuity from the connector on the frame to the connector at the sensor.( probe from the back side, not into the terminal end). If you have continuity on those wires you will need to check the front half from the connector on the frame up to the connector on the abs controller. Most of the time it is a broken wire in the rear portion of the harness. Occasionally you will find a break a few inches from the connector on the frame toward the front of the vehicle where the harness goes behind the fender liner.
Thanks. I will take a look. Although as I recall it looked like the wiring after the sensor connection at the back ran up the driver's side. Does it cross over to the passenger side at some point?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTeg View Post
Thanks. I will take a look. Although as I recall it looked like the wiring after the sensor connection at the back ran up the driver's side. Does it cross over to the passenger side at some point?
It goes over the frame to the passenger side and runs along the outside of the frame rail on the passenger side.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:18 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
It goes over the frame to the passenger side and runs along the outside of the frame rail on the passenger side.
I was looking over the weekend and I did find a large electrical connection behind a plastic guard right behind the passenger wheel on the frame.

Is this it? It had a bundle of wires encased in a corrugated plastic outer wrap going up to it that ran back down the frame.. Looked like quite a few wires.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTeg View Post
I was looking over the weekend and I did find a large electrical connection behind a plastic guard right behind the passenger wheel on the frame.

Is this it? It had a bundle of wires encased in a corrugated plastic outer wrap going up to it that ran back down the frame.. Looked like quite a few wires.
That's it.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:47 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
That's it.
I read somewhere that you can do a self diagnostic by grounding pin 9 of the data link connection.

Do you know if this is viable for a 2005 Pathfinder?

Here is the process I am referring to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/FI...1_020641_1.pdf

Tags
2005, 4wd, abs, lights, pathfinder, slip, stay, vdc