Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
02 Pathfinder Possible ECM Forums > > 02 Pathfinder Possible ECM 02 Pathfinder Possible ECM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-19-2019, 08:11 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Thumbs up 2002 Pathfinder P0505 IACV and ECM replace/repair

I wanted to share some knowledge. I went through this issue where my IACV failed and caused my ECM chip to fail as well.

Car ran poorly then eventually died. Gave all of the codes to signal failed IACV and ECM.

Rather than spend the 1K to get the new ECM at Nissan or even the $250 USD if you sent it away at one of sites who repairs them when you send them away, I went even cheaper.

I replaced the IACV myself and got parts from rockauto.com

I removed the ECM YouTube

After that I looked online to find a way to repair the ECM the cheapest possible. If found a video of a gentleman replacing the chip that fails inside of the ECM when the IACV fails. YouTube

He tells you to buy the chip from amazon (ships the quickest of what I found) $10 for the chip, $30 to get it shipped to me to Canada in less that 2 weeks. The chip is an STA509A. This is the one I got in Canada from amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/Lysee-STA509A-...sr=1-1-catcorr

I took my ECM with the burnt out chip, as is the same in the video above, and my new chip to an electronics store guy in town, he removed the old chip, replaced it with the new one and soldered it in for me for $60 bucks.

Put the repaired ECM back in the car and it runs as good as it ever has.

Repair at Nissan:
IACV $250 + shop time
ECU $1000 + shop time

Repair at home:
IACV $150
ECU $100

Tags
ecm, pathfinder