Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Pathfinder Rear Speakers Forums > > 2006 Pathfinder Rear Speakers 2006 Pathfinder Rear Speakers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 09-21-2013, 09:05 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Default 2006 Pathfinder Rear Speakers

Hello Friends.. Does anyone know how to get to the rear subwoofer (in the far back, not the rear door) in a 2006 Pathfinder? My speaker is blown and I need to replace it, however I cannot get the cover off. The cover looks like it is not clamped or screwed on. I have tried to stick a spackling knife into between the cover and the panel, which I am able to but the cover just will not come off.

Any help would be much appreciated. I cant stand hearing the blown woofer anymore and really do not want to spend the money to take it somewhere.

Please help.

Last edited by Dolpns013; 09-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

The speaker cover is not meant to be removed; you need to remove the entire interior panel. It's not that bad of a job and can be done without removing the third row seat with a bit of maneuvering. The subwoofer speakers are 1-ohm impedance and have a square mount that sits into the subwoofer box. Nissan doesn't sell the speakers individually from the speaker box, but you can purchase the speakers separately from Bose Corp. for $60 each plus S&H. I contacted Bose about this awhile ago and I'll copy their response at the bottom. I also contacted Simply Speakers in FL and they said they might be able to repair these speakers (they hadn't done one at the time). I'm looking into that option, which should be cheaper.

From Bose:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bose Automotive Music System in your 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. In answer to your question, we can provide replacement speaker(s) at a cost of $60. each + tax and shipping for your Bose Music System. Please contact our Consumer Support Line at 508-766-9522 with part number off the component you need to order over the phone with a credit card.

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM EST
PLEASE NOTE: All parts ship out on Friday through UPS
Acceptable Payment Cards : Visa, MC, Discover, American Express (PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION THROUGH EMAIL THIS IS NOT A SECURE ENVIRONMENT)Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Patty Bolack
Service Support
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-9522
Fax Number: (508)766-9103

Email: http://www.bose.com

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
Visit our Website: Bose - Better Sound Through Research
Old 11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Thanks for responding! I still havent had a chance to get to these speakers. I actually went to best buy to see if they could install them (I dont really care too much how much it costs as long as I dont have to do it-within reason) and the guy told me they were 5 and a half inch subs of which they dont carry. I then tried to figure out how to get the panel off but am getting very frustrated. It looks like I have to flip up the 2nd row seat and then unscrew the seat belt to start. Im worried Im going to break the panel if I pry too much since I have no idea if there are screws or those plastic "pins". I looked on youtube to see how to remove the panel but found nothing. Half of me doesnt even want to deal with it and just break off the cover, silicone the subs, and silicone the cover back on.

Anyways enough of my rant. You didnt happen to find out how big those woofers are did you?

Also I dont really care if I put subs or speakers back there. I dont need an enormous amount of base (im past that stage in my life). I just need the damn cracking gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
The speaker cover is not meant to be removed; you need to remove the entire interior panel. It's not that bad of a job and can be done without removing the third row seat with a bit of maneuvering. The subwoofer speakers are 1-ohm impedance and have a square mount that sits into the subwoofer box. Nissan doesn't sell the speakers individually from the speaker box, but you can purchase the speakers separately from Bose Corp. for $60 each plus S&H. I contacted Bose about this awhile ago and I'll copy their response at the bottom. I also contacted Simply Speakers in FL and they said they might be able to repair these speakers (they hadn't done one at the time). I'm looking into that option, which should be cheaper.

From Bose:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bose Automotive Music System in your 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. In answer to your question, we can provide replacement speaker(s) at a cost of $60. each + tax and shipping for your Bose Music System. Please contact our Consumer Support Line at 508-766-9522 with part number off the component you need to order over the phone with a credit card.

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM EST
PLEASE NOTE: All parts ship out on Friday through UPS
Acceptable Payment Cards : Visa, MC, Discover, American Express (PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION THROUGH EMAIL THIS IS NOT A SECURE ENVIRONMENT)Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Patty Bolack
Service Support
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-9522
Fax Number: (508)766-9103

Email: http://www.bose.com

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
Visit our Website: Bose - Better Sound Through Research

Tags
2006, pathfinder, rear, speakers