Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
97 Pathfinder won't crank, no spark, stuck in theft mode? Forums > > 97 Pathfinder won't crank, no spark, stuck in theft mode? 97 Pathfinder won't crank, no spark, stuck in theft mode?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 AM
1997 Pathfinder

Default 97 Pathfinder won't crank, no spark, stuck in theft mode?

Wouldn't turn over/crank, so had it towed to the garage and the mechanic took the distributor off and said it's not getting spark and the fuel injectors aren't firing. His scanner couldn't read either. He said he talked to another mechanic and that it's stuck in theft mode. I read on here about a Nissan Altima that had this problem and it was suggested that the key can be turned to 'on' and then disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnect and cycle key to off and on and off and on and it should start. That didn't work. My key doesn't have a chip, it's a regular key. I bought this used in 2007 and this is the first time this has happened. He was going to disconnect the battery overnight and reconnect and see if that helped but I haven't heard yet if that worked. If not I'll have to have it towed to a Nissan dealer which is 45 minutes away.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM
1997 Pathfinder

No one has any insight at all? The mechanic puts the OBD scanner on it and it powers on but doesn't read. Would that be the ECM then?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 PM
1997 Pathfinder

It was the camshaft sensor. Had a new distributor installed and now it runs. I had read elsewhere online that no spark and no fuel injector pulse means either the anti-theft system or the distributor.

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/5o6...athfinder.html
Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM
1997 Pathfinder

Camshaft sensor. Bought a new distributor online for $94.

Tags
crank, mode, pathfinder, spark, stuck, theft