Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'01 R50 Tranny Oil Cooler Install (Pics Included) Forums > > '01 R50 Tranny Oil Cooler Install (Pics Included) '01 R50 Tranny Oil Cooler Install (Pics Included)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Sentra

Default '01 R50 Tranny Oil Cooler Install (Pics Included)

I thought I'd document how I installed my tranny oil cooler so that it can help anyone if they want to have one on their Pathy too.

Here's the goods:

Hayden Rapid-Cool Part Number #678 Made in Australia
Install kit came with 4’ x 11/32” ID Hose and 4 hose clamps and other misc zip ties (through radiator type) and fittings.
Had to purchase additional hose clamps and additional 4’ of 3/8” hose
- Bought from Autozone. ArmorMark 3/8” ID
Also had on hand some M6x1.0 nuts and bolts and purchased some flat stock to make the brackets.

Dry-fit install to measure for brackets. Made brackets from 1/8” Thick x ¾” wide flat bar stock. 4”-4-1/2” Lengths with 17/14 holes drilled for M6 bolts.
Primed and painted with Krylon automotive paint.

Cut out some rubber isolators so the bracket does not rub through the cooler mount.

Purchased tranny cooler hose from Autozone (Left) is larger ID 3/8" vs supplied hose (right) 11/32" and is also thinner walled. Should work in any case.

Installed by tapping threads on lower radiator support and center radiator support with M6 x 1.0mm tap or M6 x 1mm bolts.

Brackets mounted onto cooler with isolators

Installed bracket onto tranny cooler with rubber isolators and double nut to prevent loosening.

Mounted the tranny cooler and installed hoses. Used the 11/32" hose for supply, from radiator to cooler, and 3/8” return line from cooler back to tranny pipe.

Two lower bolts. Yes one is not tightened yet ;)

Upper bolt/bracket to the center radiator support.

Top view down

Plumbing attached to horn bracket in front of battery box

Bottom view upwards

Cut a short length of excess hose to go around one of the radiator supports edges to prevent chaffing.

Of course start engine, let it warm up for the test run and button everything up and the lower splash guard too!
Hope this was helpful.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 AM
G47

Also you are little bit of silicone on the fittings where the hoses connect, I've seen a few of them leak from there

Tags
cooler, included, install, oil, pics, r50, tranny