Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Gas Leak, fuel line quick connector? Forums > > Gas Leak, fuel line quick connector? Gas Leak, fuel line quick connector?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Default Gas Leak, fuel line quick connector?

2005 Pathfinder.

I've had a strong odor of gas coming from the driver's side near the rear door. The car has been harder to start, meaning it takes two cranks of the key to get it started, almost like the fuel has to presure up to get going. Gas milage is down a bit but not much. Otherwise things run fine. No error codes and no drivability issues. Gas gauge works fine. everything else seems OK.

I pulled the tank out but I can't see any signs of damage. There ares signs of leaking fuel around the filter/pump assembly. My guess is that the connector to the fuel line is where the leak is. It disconnected very easily.
The fuel line looks fine.
Does the quick connector have a history of failing?
Can just the connector be replaced?
Are there other problems that could be causing the leak?