Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Pathfinder LE air conditioning problem Forums > > 2006 Pathfinder LE air conditioning problem 2006 Pathfinder LE air conditioning problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default 2006 Pathfinder LE air conditioning problem

Hello everyone
My 2006 Pathfinder air conditioning is blowing warm air. Everything else on the control panel is working normally. Any ideas on what the problem could be and where I should start troubleshooting?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Does the compressor comes ON when you turn the A/C ON? I suggest starting by having a shop recharge the system and check for leaks. I do not recommend recharging the A/C your self, if you overcharge the A/C system, the compressor will not work either.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Default air con problem

how do i determine if the compressor is coming on? when i turn the dial and select air conditioning it blows properly except its warm air. Thanks for your assistance
Old 09-11-2012, 04:43 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Unhappy air conditioning problem 2006 pathfinder

So i took the truck into the dealer to diagnose the problem. My air conditioner was blowing warm air. The guy on the phone told me there must be a leak or it wouldn't be blowing warm air. He said that they don't recharge air conditioners (this sounded like a bold faced lie). My wife took the truck in and they charged $100 to diagnose the problem and then quoted her 1000 dollars to fix it claiming that the lines are leaking. It sounds like a scam to me. Has anyone had this problem that can offer any advice. I drove the truck home with $100 less in my pocket and the air still not working. Does this sound right and does the estimate seem high?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjordan View Post
So i took the truck into the dealer to diagnose the problem. My air conditioner was blowing warm air. The guy on the phone told me there must be a leak or it wouldn't be blowing warm air. He said that they don't recharge air conditioners (this sounded like a bold faced lie). My wife took the truck in and they charged $100 to diagnose the problem and then quoted her 1000 dollars to fix it claiming that the lines are leaking. It sounds like a scam to me. Has anyone had this problem that can offer any advice. I drove the truck home with $100 less in my pocket and the air still not working. Does this sound right and does the estimate seem high?
which lines are leaking?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It depends what's leaking. If you have an LE, then you have rear A/C. There have been a number of problems with the lines leaking to the rear A/C. The lines come as part of a rear line assembly, which includes the A/C and coolant lines. To replace this requires removing the rear bumper and lifting the entire right side of the body off of the frame; it's a real pain in the butt! This would be required if there is a lot of corrosion on the lines and spot fixing would not be possible or practical. If the leak is in just one spot, the section of line can be repaired. Dorman Products is a company that makes a repair kit for A/C lines. Repairing the section of line would eliminate having to raise the body off of the frame AND replacing the rear line assy., making for a much less expensive repair. Whether the particular dealer you brought your truck to provides this type of repair, or even knows about it, I cannot say...if this is even where your problem is.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
It depends what's leaking. If you have an LE, then you have rear A/C. There have been a number of problems with the lines leaking to the rear A/C. The lines come as part of a rear line assembly, which includes the A/C and coolant lines. To replace this requires removing the rear bumper and lifting the entire right side of the body off of the frame; it's a real pain in the butt! This would be required if there is a lot of corrosion on the lines and spot fixing would not be possible or practical. If the leak is in just one spot, the section of line can be repaired. Dorman Products is a company that makes a repair kit for A/C lines. Repairing the section of line would eliminate having to raise the body off of the frame AND replacing the rear line assy., making for a much less expensive repair. Whether the particular dealer you brought your truck to provides this type of repair, or even knows about it, I cannot say...if this is even where your problem is.
All nissan dealers in the U.S. have the tools to repair the lines. Nissan sent them as a required special tool.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Check the link below... No need to remove body or bumper, just part of the exhaust.
http://autocheckauto.ca/page/pathfinder
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Good to know! Makes a lot more sense to repair the lines if you can!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 AM
2006 Pathfinder

I have a 2006 SE, and my A/C crapped out this past May.
I had a local A/C repair shop look into it, and they found leaks in the rear hoses. Tried to repair it but more leaks were found. It became too expensive, to repair/replace everything I had them block-off the rear lines, so I could still get front A/C. Upon recharging they noticed the condenser was plugged, so that was replaced too. It's been almost 4 months, and still working fine.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:08 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2009 Altima Sedan

Ross-e, where did they block the lines? Under the hood or under the passenger side?

Got the same problem with my '07 SE, we rarely use the rear AC so I might just do the same.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:42 AM
2006 Pathfinder

The lines were cut and blocked off in the engine compartment. Passenger side, near the firewall. Very clean look and never leaked.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:44 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2009 Altima Sedan

Ross-e, did you have to buy this rear AC line block kit or anything similar?

StreetRodGuys - Rear Air Conditioning Block Kits - Nissan

Are you still able to use your rear climate controls for heat?
When you did the fix, it was in 2012, any AC problems ever since as a result of the rear AC lines block?

Thanks a lot.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:33 PM
2006 Pathfinder

I did not buy any kits. The A/C shop did all the work, so I don't know what they used.
The rear heat still worked without the A/C.
No other problems came up as a result of this job, but I did replace the compressor this past fall. I sold the vehicle two weeks later and I know it's still working fine.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:29 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2009 Altima Sedan

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X4 got this truck CPO in 2009 with 29k miles on. Currently 72k miles without out issues in the past except replacement of fuel gauge and alternator under warranty.

Thanks for your replies, they're helpful in my decision-making moving forward.

My AC wasn't blowing cold air last fall. I got it checked at pepboys early this spring and I was told there was a small leak on some expansion valve. They filled it up with refrigerant and added 'stop leak', charged $260 and sent home. 1 week later the compressor isn't working. Went back and I was quoted $1600 for replacement of leaking rear core evaporator, expansion valve and compressor.

Upon reading and researching, I found out that pepboys tech doesn't know what problem he's dealing with since it is well known on Nissan forums I stumbled upon that problems are corroded lines. I'm guessing they'll add another $1,000 to the quote once they are forced to fix the lines.

Blocking the rear lines and replacing the compressor may just cost me $700. I'll go ahead with this fix and deal with the corroded lines issue later when budget is available (if I even decide to keep the car).

Tags
2006, air, conditioning, pathfinder, problem