Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Where to run wiring on 2002 Pathfinder? Forums > > Where to run wiring on 2002 Pathfinder? Where to run wiring on 2002 Pathfinder?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
dfshearer

Default Where to run wiring on 2002 Pathfinder?

Hello,

I just bought a fog light kit off ebay and am looking forward to installing it.

Where is the best location to run the wiring through the firewall?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
2003 Frontier Crew Cab

I've also been trying to find a firewall penetration to run a power wire for my amp... I even bought the tech manual. Now I'm looking for it in the manual, but this is almost harder than trying to see the firewall behind all that crap in the engine compartment
Old 06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
2015 Rogue

The easiest place on a nissan to run wires is through the hood release cable grommet. It is usually behind the drivers fender liner.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
2010 Pathfinder
2004 Pathfinder

There's a black, metal, oval plate bolted onto the firewall on the driver's side near the top and close to the fender. You can take it off and drill a hole in the plate. Make sure you use a rubber gromet and/or a bunch of silicone to seal the hole and prevent the wire from rubbing agasint the metal. If you need to run something through the passenger side you can drill a hole through the firewall near the a/c tubing that runs into the dash. That route is pretty tricky and things don't seem to fit too snug afterwards (you have to remove the blower motor to reach the wire you want to pull through). But from there you can run the power wire into a plastic raceway along the rocker panel and into the trunk. Looks really clean when your finished. I'll post pictures if you need better directions.

I've put fog light wiring through the plate on the driver's side and an amp power wire through the passenger side and everything looks fairly clean now.

Tags
2002, pathfinder, run, wiring