Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Can't get Pathy into program mode to program key fob Forums > > Can't get Pathy into program mode to program key fob Can't get Pathy into program mode to program key fob
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
1999 Pathfinder
99 Pathfinder XE

Default Can't get Pathy into program mode to program key fob

Hello all, I'm trying to program my key fob that I bought off ebay with my Pathy, but it's not getting into program mode. I've followed the instructions from this site step by step of getting in the car, locking doors, putting the key in and out of the ignition 6 times or more until the hazards flash, but the hazards never flash.

Is it normal when I have the driver side door open, and try to lock the doors from the switch on the driver's door (keys out of the ignition), and the doors unlock automatically? Since my remote isn't working, I have to get out, close the door, and lock it with the key. Since this is my first pathfinder, I'm not sure if this behavior is normal, or if there are some electrical issues with it.

Please help! Thanks. :)
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder
2009 Pathfinder SE

You have to be fast on putting the key in and out, in that short time span. It took me , a little while , repeating that in and out .
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. Does the one you bought with battery included?
2. Do you still have the original key fob. Look at the back of the original fob and the one you just bought. They must have identical info. That is FCC I.D. #, Model #, Canada #, and Manufacturer name, and must have the same # of buttons as your original fob. The Paty probably has 4-5 fob version depending on model year.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
1999 Pathfinder
99 Pathfinder XE

From my vin#, I found out mine is the 99.5 Pathfinder. I don't have the original, as I just bought this used, and it only came with one key. The one I bought from ebay does have the battery.

I tried putting the key in and out fast and slow, but the hazards never flash. I can't even get to the part to test the fob out.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

6x within 10 seconds. measured pace, not too fast. key completely out of key cylinder.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM
1999 Pathfinder
99 Pathfinder XE

Yes sir, tried that. I think there is something wrong with the electronics. I also read somewhere where the door switch could malfunction causing the car to think the door is open, even though the dome light is off? Maybe the switch for the hood?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 AM
1999 Pathfinder
99 Pathfinder XE

So any other ideas? Took the car to the dealership to try to get a key cut and programmed and asked them if they can get it in to program mode. Even they failed. I see a "Keyless" section in the fuse box under the hood. Could that be bad? Is that something you can replace?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:50 PM
1999 Pathfinder
99 Pathfinder XE

Anyone? I'd really like to get the keyless working on this..

Tags
fob, key, mode, pathy, program