Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
VG30E air bleed screw Forums > > VG30E air bleed screw VG30E air bleed screw
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Default VG30E air bleed screw

I've got a coolant leak somewhere on the driver side near the cylinder head. I've read from another forum there's an air bleed screw for the coolant system somewhere in that area. I've looked and looked and cannot find it. Could someone tell me or show me a pic of exactly where it is and what the valve looks like?

I'd like to check that first before I take it into a shop for an estimate on replacing the head gasket.

Does it have a torx head, regular 6 sided bolt, allen head...?

What's a cost estimate on just a cylinder head gasket (1) replacement and the amount of time to re and re a new seal?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
88pathoffroad

It makes no sense to just replace one head gasket, might as well do both at the same time and save yourself the trouble down the line...

I dunno about the bleed screw unless it's like mine, on the upper radiator hose.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

sorry, no screw on the 95. only on the engines with TBI.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88pathoffroad View Post
It makes no sense to just replace one head gasket, might as well do both at the same time and save yourself the trouble down the line...

I dunno about the bleed screw unless it's like mine, on the upper radiator hose.
Actually, I plan on selling it and getting a used Toyota RAV4. My wife needs something smaller and better on fuel. I don't think I'll get much for it and don't want to spend money on anything that's not broken.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by momud View Post
sorry, no screw on the 95. only on the engines with TBI.
Did the 95 have the bleed screw on the upper intake near the t-body?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

EFI on 95 but i'll try to check on my 94 this weekend as i am thinking someone mentioning one on one of the later models somewhere but i don't think i have been able to locate one on mine. i just burp mine via the top making sure to run the heat on full blast while doing so (normal op. temps.) also, i always have at least the min amount of coolant in the reservoir. it will burp completely if the system is tight.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by momud View Post
EFI on 95 but i'll try to check on my 94 this weekend as i am thinking someone mentioning one on one of the later models somewhere but i don't think i have been able to locate one on mine. i just burp mine via the top making sure to run the heat on full blast while doing so (normal op. temps.) also, i always have at least the min amount of coolant in the reservoir. it will burp completely if the system is tight.
Thanks. I've been looking and looking and can't find any screw.

Initially I thought it was the water pump since it has 160,000km on the engine. Half way taking it apart, my brother noticed a very small pool of coolant near or on the driver side cylinder head.

If it were the head gasket leaking, I doubt it would leave a pool on top of the engine.

Tags
air, bleed, screw, vg30e