Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Can not get car out of park without having to press shift lock button Forums > > Can not get car out of park without having to press shift lock button Can not get car out of park without having to press shift lock button
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Petebee

Default Can not get car out of park without having to press shift lock button

Hi,

We have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder and we are having trouble getting it out of park, the only way we can get out of park is to press the shift lock button. We have identified it to be a solenoid problem and had it replaced with second hand part, it worked fine at first but is now back to the usual locking up. Could there be another problem area I could look and also does anyone know how much a new solenoid would cost and if so where could I get one from.

Thanks

Petebee
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Sentra

I believe a new nissan solenoid cost about $150.

Are you towing anything heavy that requires trailer brakes? On my pathfinder, the parking solenoid lock is on the same circuit as the brake and trailer lights. You may have blown a fuse too. Check the fuse too. Make sure you aren't drawing too much current on that circuit.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Petebee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, we have got a trailer but have not towed for a while will check fuse today.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 04:43 PM
1991 240SX
1999 Altima

I'm writing this because I had the same issue and I had a really difficult time finding the Cruise Control fuse. It's labeled "Electronic Components" on the glove box fuses bottom right.
It's a 10a Low Profile Mini-Fuse.

Tags
button, car, lock, park, press, shift