Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Belt Squeel on a 2003 Pathfinder SE Forums > > Belt Squeel on a 2003 Pathfinder SE Belt Squeel on a 2003 Pathfinder SE
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-11-2007, 12:02 PM
bdw1984

Default Belt Squeel on a 2003 Pathfinder SE

Back in November of 2006 i had my accessory belts replaced at the dealer due to early morning and cold start belt noise. Back in December the noise started again. Once it warms up it seems to be ok. But latley i will let it warm up and it will squeel at start up, after I let it run for 15 minutes i'll leave for work and i will get about a mile down the road and I make a 90 degree right hand turn and it always starts squeeling on that turn, after that its fine on every turn. Last night it started to rain and the belt would squeel on every start up, every turn, and even when driving down the road holding a constant speed, and a few times when I would take my foot off of the gas pedal. Any thouhgts? the dealership said they couldn't duplicate the noise, but that was on a 50 degree day, and it was sunny. I would appreciate the help.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Ken

It sounds as though the belt is to loose . The squeal when you first start up is the alternator trying to charge the battery , the squeal when you do the 90 degree turn is the power steer pump trying to supply more pressure to the steering if it is just after you leave home it is still trying to charge the battery and supply the power steering at the same time plus if you have the air con on to thats another thing it has to drive . Man that belt has to do some work
Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
88pathoffroad

Retension the belts.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
bdw1984

Thanks for the advice. My belts work great!! They were so loose. They are nice and quite.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

cool, glad you were able to fix it.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Daddy Poat

how do you tighten the belt?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Sentra