Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'02 Pathfinder SES light flashing intermittently after O2 sensor replaced Forums > > '02 Pathfinder SES light flashing intermittently after O2 sensor replaced '02 Pathfinder SES light flashing intermittently after O2 sensor replaced
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
2002 Pathfinder

Default '02 Pathfinder SES light flashing intermittently after O2 sensor replaced

Had my SES light on for some time now on my 2002 Pathfinder. Finallly checked codes and it showed O2 sensors to are bad. measured volatges and resistance and they were indeed bad. Replaced them and took the car out for a test drive. Ran smooth for the first 5-10 minutes with no problems. Then the SES light started to come on and off intermittently even though the car was running smooth. I decided to push the gas for a boost and the light went off and the car ran actually better than ever. Slowed down again and the light started coming on and off again.
Only been driving the car for like 30 minutes now, so not long...but the light is still flashing on and off intermittently without any real pattern. Engine runs smooth though.
Any ideas guys?

Bit strange as the engine is running smooth.
Oh yes, one more thing....I accessed the onboard diagnostics and the SES light only flashes 10 times all the time...thus no fault codes present.
Let me know what you guys think? Thank to all.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I never seen the light flashing after replacing the O2 sensors. Try disconnecting the car battery fro about 30 minutes to reset all setting. If the light comes back ON try getting the code with a scanner.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
I never seen the light flashing after replacing the O2 sensors. Try disconnecting the car battery fro about 30 minutes to reset all setting. If the light comes back ON try getting the code with a scanner.
Tks NissanTech,
Got nothing to lose so will definitely disconnect battery and give it a shot.
Will report back as soon as I have this doen and have driven the car to test the result. Fingers crossed this is all it is.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
This morning I disconnected the battery for approx 1 hour. I figured while disconnected I might aswell check the resistances on the new O2 sensors just to ensure all is ok.
The service manual advises resistance to be between 2.3-4.3ohm on pins 2&3..the rest infinity.
I measured the new O2 sensors and they came in at 5.6 and 5.3ohm respectively.
Is this going to be a problem??

Connected battery back up and took the Pathfinder out for a test drive. Drove for a half hour and also speeds up to 100km on hwy.
Good news is that the SES light is still off and has not been flashing once.

Still have the concern on the resistance measurments on the new O2's though....is this high resistance going to be a problem?

Tags
flashing, intermittently, light, pathfinder, replaced, sensor, ses