Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Forums > > Help! I知 getting Blown Away! Fan Crazy!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
2002 Pathfinder

Default Help! I知 getting Blown Away! Fan Crazy!

Today I was driving then I thought I heard some static on the radio (yes radio). I turned it down and the static continued. I rolled up the windows and then I noticed wind was still present! The fan was running at full speed. I then pushed the up button and the display showed 2 fans, 3 fans then 4 fans.full speed. So after some checking, everything works but the fan is on full speed and the fan switch shows changes on the display but no change to the actual fan speed.

Suggestions..just the switch? You can replace 屠ust the switch only right?

Suggestions on how to get it out? Once I remove the panel, do I only have to remove the surrounding 4 screws to pull out the climate panel?

Thanks all for any help!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The problem is probably the fan control amplifier. Here is a post with the instructions on how to replaced the amp.

Auto A/C HVAC Fan only work on speed 4
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
The problem is probably the fan control amplifier. Here is a post with the instructions on how to replaced the amp.

Just to make sure... this post says "fan only work on speed 4", by speed 4 they are saying that the fan runs at full speed not that it does not work at all unless you are on speed 4 right?

I also saw some posts mentioning the ran resistor?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
2002 Pathfinder

Quote:

You are right.....just had to make sure since parts are non refundable especially at over $140

Since it was so cheap.....I did decide to get the cabin filter too! Argggg

Anyway, I paid the price by ordering it from Nissan (their fan part 27761-70T03 is higher than online but the filter was cheaper and with the cheap UPS shipping....it's about a break even)

Will be back with results and or questions and maybe pictures of missing fingers from replacing the air filter

Thanks again!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Quote:

Thanks again for your help! I replaced the 27761-70T03 and all is good.

Just wish that my car was made a few months later....seems 2002's made before september do not have the cut outs for the in cabin air filter (the instructions said us a utility knife....YEA RIGHT). I did remove the screws so I could look inside and my car never got a in cabin air filter so I decieded not to mess with it!