Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location Forums > > 2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location 2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 PM
2007 Pathfinder

Post 2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location

After looking at the Service manual and taking a look at the engine itself, I cannot seem to locate the camshaft position sensors on my 2007 Pathfinder. I know they are there but just cannot see them. Anyone have photos or better diagrams than the one in the service manual?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The sensors are on the back of the engine. Between the engine and firewall. I have attached the image from the service manual, not a good one, but I hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location-figure1-gif  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:42 AM
2007 Pathfinder

Thanks, I will take another look again today.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
eastcoastdog

Do u have to remove the top half of the motor to get to them...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Fade

Default 2005 Pathfinder

Just replaced both cam shaft sensors on 2005 Pathfinder.

Just a average weekend mechanic.

Tools needed or that I used:
1/4 ratchet with 10mm and 12 mm sockets. Pair of needle nose pliers and flat tip screwdriver.

Both sensors are located at the back side of the engine by the firewall.

The drivers side is the easier one to get to.

The passenger side is a bit tougher.

Huge Tips that worked for me:
- REMOVE and INSTALL the sensor with the electrical connector install. Almost impossible remove connector while sensor is still installed at the back of the engine. Youtube videos show how to remove this type of connector, but they also show the guy removing the connector first from a sensor with easy access. No chance with the clearance you have to work with.
- Don't tear the whole engine apart to get to them. You only have to remove the plastic shroud that has the Nissan emblem. Held by 2 - 12 mm socket bolts.
- Both sensors are held by 1 -10mm socket bolt. 1/4 ratchet works best.
- Drivers side feel for the 10mm bolt. Place 10mm socket and remove sensor. Its much easier to remove the connector after the sensor is removed. The connector will still be a bit tough to pry loose because its been on there for a while.
- Lube new sensor place connector and reinstall. Be careful not to over tighten the 10mm bold on installation. Sensor hole is made of plastic.
- Passenger side - I started questioning myself on whether I could do this one. I attacked this one standing on the passeger side fender. No chance after about 2 hours. I even thought about removing the air intake manifold(DON'T) . The light went on! I layed an old jacket on top of the engine and I got the perfect angle and position to remove this sensor. You will have to literally lay on top of the engine to get this bastard. There is wiring harness holding bracket that is held by one 12 mm bolt. It is mounted about 2 inches from the sensor. Remove that bracket and you have easier access to the sensor.
- The flat tip screw helped me remove the connector from the sensor. I pushed the tab all the way down use the tip of the screw driver between the connector and sensor.
- Good Luck you can do it and save big $$$
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default Attempt on an 06

I will be attempting a bank 1 camshaft position sensor R&R this weekend.
The parts store asked for angled or straight sensor. Anybody know which one before I dive in?
Will it be like the 05 model in the GREATLY informative post above?
Thanks so much!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Default same thing but on a 2005 pathfinder....

the post above is very informative but it doesnt' match what I am looking at. I need help....

I am getting code P0345 on the computer. The autozone guys are telling me is the camshaft position sensor bank2 (the angled one). they also think it's the one 'on the drivers side'. The instructions above say to unhook the cover with the ' nissan' emblem. my problem is that, that cover is the closest to the fan and not the firewall. The cover closest to the firewall just says 'V6' on it.

so my questions are....1) is the bank 2 sensor closer to the firewall? or closer to the fan? 2) once I take the cover off.....what am i looking at? there are 4 of 5 sensors underneath there (the v6 cover) 3) is the bank2 sensor, the angled sensor?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

P0345 is for the Bank 2. The Bank 2 is the driver side. Both sensor are in the back of the engine near the firewall. There is no Camshaft Position Sensor near the radiator fan.

2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location-capture-gif
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location-capture-gif  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Default this is excellent

thank you very much for the diagram. I will give it a shot right now
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Default Passenger Side Cam Sensor

I can not get the sensor out of connector. got the sensor and connector out of engine, but i have been trying for over an hour to get the connector to turn loose of sensor. How can i do this without breaking connector. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:37 AM
2006 Pathfinder

nevermind...got that sorry joker
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast
2007 Pathfinder

To Fade,
I replaced the camshaft position sensor on my 2007 Pathfinder last Sunday. Even with the knowledge from your post, it took me 3 hours to get the bank 1 sensor out, with 30 minutes of that just to get the connector to let go of the sensor. Who knows how long it might have taken with out your advice? Got everything thing back together in a 1/2 hour though. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by EMARK; 09-22-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM
2005 Pathfinder

My son changed out both of the sensors on my 2005 Pathfinder in about an hour and a half. The advice in this thread helped out a lot, particularly Fade's advice of crawling on top of the engine (and NOT removing the intake manifold!).

The sensors came out relatively easily. The biggest problem we had was figuring out how to remove the sensors from the connectors. It took a while for me to find a video on YouTube that helped (crank sensor connector, but it's the same thing: Nissan & InfinitiCam and Crank Sensor connector Lock - YouTube), but when we saw it, it was painfully obvious. The key was to push the green piece of the connector (in the case of the green/black bank 2 connector) towards the sensor with a needle nose pliers. Both connectors came off fairly easily using this method. When connecting the new sensors, the bank 2 connector snapped tight right away, but the bank 1 connector (white/gray) took a little coaxing with a screwdriver, as shown in the video.

After replacing the sensors, we reset the code with the OBD2 scanner and the service engine and SLIP lights turned off. The VOD light stayed on for about a minute into a test drive before it turned off.

If we knew then what we now know, we might have been able to get it done in around 45 minutes. But without the help of the posts on this thread, it would have been a much longer, harder job.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

[MENTION=194508]redanzl[/MENTION]

Thanks for the information and the YouTube link. I'll add the video here.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
2007 Frontier Crew Cab
2005 Altima Sedan

Just replaced my can sensor 2007 frontier, bank 2. Thanks for all this info. One thing about the connector removal. You CAN'T do it with your fingers...use needle nose players and pinch downward on just the green middle finger, lifting slightly up as you pinch downward, kinda like the angle of a gradual swimming pool. Don't pinch the the black part at all, just the green, and as you pinch push toward can sensor. Got mine right off! Hope this helps someone.

Tags
2007, camshaft, camshaft sensor, location, pathfinder, position, sensor