Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location Forums > > 2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location 2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 05-09-2015, 11:58 AM
jimayers

Default Camshaft sensor on front of engine?

On my 05 pathfinder LE there are two sensors at the front of the engine where the camshaft gears look like they are housed. I took one out and it looks exactly like the camshaft position sensor I bought (well, the one I bought did not have a bent neck)

What are those if NOT the camshaft position sensors?

I have attached a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location-05-pathfinder-cam-sensor1-jpg  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:00 PM
jimayers

Default Camshaft sensor at front of engine?

On my 05 pathfinder LE there are two sensors at the front of the engine where the camshaft gears look like they are housed. I took one out and it looks exactly like the camshaft position sensor I bought (well, the one I bought did not have a bent neck)

What are those if NOT the camshaft position sensors?

I have attached a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Pathfinder Camshaft Position Sensor Location-05-pathfinder-cam-sensor1-jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

That's a 3.5L engine; you can tell by the aluminum intake plenum. Are you sure you don't have a 2004? In 2005, the Pathfinder only came with the 4.0L (in North America), which had a plastic intake plenum and the cam sensors are at the back of the cylinder heads. The sensors on the front of the 4.0L are the intake cam position sensors. Recheck the year of your vehicle.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM
2006 Pathfinder

I just used Fade's advice and changed the passenger side one in about 20 minutes of mechanic time. That doesn't include the time of getting down multiple times to pick up a wrench and the sensor. Taking the connector off took the longest. Finally after pushing on the "button" and pulling it finally came apart.

Thanks for the great info.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:18 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I was stressing a little with this job, thank you Fade for the great advice. With the help of this thread I just replaced the passenger side (bank 1) in about 45 min total time. Couple of mentions.

1. Laying on the engine is key to being able to reach down in there. I used a moving blanket and it worked great.

2. I bought a 1/4" ratchet with the 75 tooth gear to manage the tight space. Worked like a champ without having to mess with the wiring harness.

To get a visual of the sensor I was able to see it from the right front side to give me an idea.

I have only had the Pathfinder for 10 months and this is my first R&R so off to a good start :)
Old 07-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Pathfinder View Post
I was stressing a little with this job, thank you Fade for the great advice. With the help of this thread I just replaced the passenger side (bank 1) in about 45 min total time. Couple of mentions.

1. Laying on the engine is key to being able to reach down in there. I used a moving blanket and it worked great.

2. I bought a 1/4" ratchet with the 75 tooth gear to manage the tight space. Worked like a champ without having to mess with the wiring harness.

To get a visual of the sensor I was able to see it from the right front side to give me an idea.

I have only had the Pathfinder for 10 months and this is my first R&R so off to a good start :)
Since you just got it, be aware of the problems with the trans cooler inside the radiator, which can leak and send engine coolant to the automatic transmission, ruining it. This occurs only on the factory installed radiators, not replacements, so replace the radiator or bypass the integral cooler of the radiator if you have a Calsonic sticker on the top tank that has any of these part numbers: 21460-EA200, 21460-EA215 or 21460-EA265.

Tags
2007, camshaft, camshaft sensor, location, pathfinder, position, sensor