Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Path LE, AC messed up, one side hot, one side cool Forums > > 2006 Path LE, AC messed up, one side hot, one side cool 2006 Path LE, AC messed up, one side hot, one side cool
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 AM
karalaok

Default 2006 Path LE, AC messed up, one side hot, one side cool

Hey folks, my first time here, great forum BTW.

I have a 2006 Path LE. About a month now, my dual zone climate is not functioning right. I always have it set at Auto 75 degree all year round it it works great but in the past few weeks, the driver side start pushing out HEAT instead of cool. Heat would come out at any temperature even when I had it all the way down to 60 degree. The passenger side and the rear appear to be ok, with cool temperature. What also weird is that the heat some time stay on until I adjust the temperature to 1 degree, let say from 70-71 then I start to get cool air again and then a few miles down the road, the heat return. Sometime it gets hot, and then warm and then cool. When I first crank up the car, driver side blasting with hot air while passenger cool. I am not sure what is wrong but fear that this might cost me an arm and a leg to get it fix. Does any one has this same issue and have any recommendation?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 AM
miniec400

Hey whats up karalaok,
I dont have much nissan experience. However, what I would suggest before going crazy is to make sure your a/c system is charged to spec. An improperly charged system can cause this situation. If you dont have access to an a/c machine, have a local shop recover/charge the system to spec. Its worth a shot.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
2006 Pathfinder
2005 Altima

I began having this same issue about 2 weeks ago. I am going to check the charge on the system, and I already have a resistor pack that I need to install. Hopefully these two things fix the issue. If you have already had the problem fixed, I would love to hear the problem that was diagnosed.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 AM
karalaok

I haven't have time to check into the AC issue yet. Some one also suggesting to look into the outside vent near the windshield to make sure that there is no leave or debris got stuck in there that prevent the latch from opening and close during temperature change but so far my is clean.

I will give my dealer a call to see what they think.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM
2006 Pathfinder
2005 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by karalaok View Post
I haven't have time to check into the AC issue yet. Some one also suggesting to look into the outside vent near the windshield to make sure that there is no leave or debris got stuck in there that prevent the latch from opening and close during temperature change but so far my is clean.

I will give my dealer a call to see what they think.
Hi Karalaok,
Did you ever figure out your problem? Mine is doing the same thing, and I was hoping you knew what the fix was.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
karalaok

I got me an air blower (dry/wet VAC) and blasted every vent from the inside of my truck because some one told me sometime debris can stop a vent from fully close or open. This seems to fix for me but not completely, once in a blue moon the heat does come back but not long, about 10-15 seconds then went away.

Tags
2006, cool, hot, messed, path, side