Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
How I Added a Reverse Camera to my '09 Pathfinder Factory 7" Screen Forums > > How I Added a Reverse Camera to my '09 Pathfinder Factory 7" Screen How I Added a Reverse Camera to my '09 Pathfinder Factory 7" Screen
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
2011 Pathfinder
2011 Pathfinder

You most likely have the same stock config as I did. When you put ur car in reverse, it sends a positive load (+12V) to one of the pins on your unit, wich leads a whire to your back up lights and another wire from back up lights to the camera. When load is applied to that pin, it switches one input on ur screen to the back up camera input and displays signal, that it gets from the back up camera. I used that ability, to display videos or gps maps from my double din on the bottom. But in my situation, I used external AV output from my double din, to send the signal in my stock display with a switch. When I turn my switch up, it would send signal from double din, and when its down, it would use signal from double din. I had another switch that had positive load of +12V, that will be applied to the pin in the stock unit to switch the unit to the back up input.

In shorter words, you can do similar config, but with the cameras, it will apply one AV signal from one camera or another simply by switching what signal you want to be applied to the unit and another switch that will turn the unit in back up mode.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
2010 Pathfinder

I have a 2010 Pathfinder with the factory cam and outld like to ad an external switch to be able to use the cam while driving. What is the easiest way to do this? Also i have read about going to the diagnostic menu to see the cam while driving and to adjust the blue tooth settings but i was not able to find any of these options in the menu. Anyone know what im doing wrong?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
2011 Pathfinder
2011 Pathfinder

All you need to do is to run a positive wire to your back up lights and whenever you apply positive load from the switch to your back up lights it will turn your back up cam. It's the easiest way but it will make your back up lights stay on when you drive. Sorry, don't know other way around.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
2012 Sentra
2012 Sentra

Hi, from what source did you get the service manual. Dealership or elsewhere.
Thanks,
Bugs

Tags
screen