Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
e-at Forums > > e-at e-at
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
shane finneran

Default e-at

I have a 1995 pathfinder that I have been driving for a couple of years. Does any one know what the e-at button on the left side of the steering wheel do? Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

5 speed stick?? got a pic?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:00 PM
shane finneran

Default e-at

The switch in question is next to the cruse control switch between the steering wheel and the door. My car is a 95 XE with a auto transmission. The switch also says 'auto' right above it and 'power' right under it. I use this car to go skiiing with a lot and wondered if this was some sort of posi traction or what?
Thanks
Old 12-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Enthusiast

06,08 Pathfinder & Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane finneran View Post
The switch in question is next to the cruse control switch between the steering wheel and the door. My car is a 95 XE with a auto transmission. The switch also says 'auto' right above it and 'power' right under it. I use this car to go skiiing with a lot and wondered if this was some sort of posi traction or what?
Thanks
Switch to power and you'll find out. It has something to do with your transmission and engine. :)
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npath View Post
Switch to power and you'll find out. It has something to do with your transmission and engine. :)
yup, that button moves the shift points up. great for mountain driving and towing.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
88pathoffroad

When the Power light comes on(if applicable) the transmission control unit changes the shift points to get you moving faster. It will also automatically go into Power mode by itself if you floor it, as that would indicate a need for quicker acceleration. All it does is downshift faster and hold each gear to a higher RPM before it shifts. By turning the Power mode on, it will shift like that all the time until you turn the switch off.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
waxsiwalas

Hi,

I have same vehicle and it is good for long steep hills or for passing vehicles. It helps in transmission and motor for shifting and speeds. So you will notice higher rpm's when it is on. You push on bottom of button to turn it on. An indicator light will show it's on. You push top of button to turnit off.
This can be done while driving, I take foot off gas momentarily and push it on and do the same when I turn it off.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
ken jones

Smile e-at

thanks for info on e-at button on my 94 pathfinder..wondering for 2 yrs..
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
1991nissanpathfinder

Default e-a auto switch

Hello everyone, I own a 1991 nissan pathfinder and the e-a auto switch keeps going on and off all by itself. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me why this would start happining all of the sudden?
Old 06-13-2016, 12:50 PM
1995 Pathfinder

thank you i checked it while driveing, it sure adds power

Tags
eat