Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
I have some crazy ticking motor noise from my 05 pathfinder Forums > > I have some crazy ticking motor noise from my 05 pathfinder I have some crazy ticking motor noise from my 05 pathfinder
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
hmongxcuz

Default I have some crazy ticking motor noise from my 05 pathfinder

when i turn on the car for about 5-10mins, it starts to loose oil pressure, like the needle drops all the way down low to where the oil light comes on. what can the problem be??

aloso when i drive it and press the gas more it makes a louder and louder ticking noise, so i stop and shut it off, it will work fine and the needle of the oil pressure is at the middle but for a few seconds only, then the needle of the oil pressure starts to drop again and the oil light comes on. the oil level is fine too i checked.

can someone give me some info on what is wrong with my car??
anyone ever have this problem on there 05 pathfinder??

thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM
rollingclone

Probably the engine is failing, I have found that if you do not change the oil every month or so, it can cause this issue. An Annoying tick until you change the oil, even though you have driven 1200 miles. My guess is they screwed up that calc as well, we probably need an industrial oil cooler, like one on a nuclear sub. Who the **** knows when that will come back to haunt me. They should recall this year and give us our money back.

Oh, word of advice, if you do change your own oil, don't tell Nissan, because they will screw you when you for them to back their product. They need you to go to the dealer to get their cheap oil.

2005 Pathfinder.
I had to have new rotors on the front.
I have the cup holder in the rear fall apart.
That little compartment next to the shifter has broken.
I have had the plastic molding on the rear hatch completely broken away.
I had that rattle that Nissan could not locate (it is a radio harness Clip)
new battery, new collision sensor, new O2 sensor, Oh yeah, a new fuel level sender put in, under warranty.
And they recently did something to the tire inflation sensor/system. I am worried that I am hearing that whine from the timing belt tensioner going in the V6.
Tranny is now slipping, winding up and down
@80K and I am on here today to figure out how to replace the struts, as the truck is now bouncing all over the road
I will never buy Nissan again.
Nissan told me to screw after they replaced my rear driveshaft, because I was at 70K and the warranty ran out at 65K
So, if I was you and you are under 65K, go out to the truck and bang the crap out of the drive shaft, because eventually they will fail, also, try to get the timing belt tensioner fixed before the warranty runs out, oh and now I am getting ready for the tranny failure I am reading about, something about the coolant is leaking into the tranny and killing it?

Tags
crazy, motor, noise, pathfinder, ticking