Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1997 Pathfinder Factory Alarm help Forums > > 1997 Pathfinder Factory Alarm help 1997 Pathfinder Factory Alarm help
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
wehrmachtoberst

Default 1997 Pathfinder Factory Alarm help

Ok here is what i have. I have a '97 pathfinder. I have a factory installed alarm but no keyless entry button to turn it off. I thought it did nto work. Well today I discovered it did. I had to raise the hood and take the battery cable off the terminal in order for the horn and such to stop going off. When i went, after it reset to turn the car on, it would nto do so. After about 15 minutes it did "reset" and I was able to drive off. Thing is I wanbt to get rid of it by totally disabling it. How do I do this? Is there a fuse to pull or what? I am not sure and any help would be grateful! Thanks in advance.
Paul
Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Gator Fan

I have a similar problem-the anti theft system must have been running all night, because I woke up and my battery was dead. This has happened before w/an aftermarket alarm I placed on my car but that alarm has been disabled. I usually jump my battery and am good to go. This time the horn kept beeping everytime I connected to the car with the good battery.

I am trying to replace the fuse for the anti-theft horn but have no idea how to get the little covers off. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags
1997, alarm, factory, pathfinder