Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
electrical (dash cluster) problems - Help! Forums > > electrical (dash cluster) problems - Help! electrical (dash cluster) problems - Help!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
mysonscar

Question electrical (dash cluster) problems - Help!

Bought a '98 Pathfinder from local (dealer) with 163K miles on it for my son. About one month ago the cluster gauges starting fluctuating one day. The next day, they all stopped working and the odometer read 999,999. Shipped it to a place in Los Angeles and they reprogrammed the circuit board. Mechanic installed it and worked fine - for one day!!!
Odometer is back at 999,999 miles and gauges died. Any suggestions? Other info...no problem with windows, key fobs, etc. My son did replace the radio about two weeks before the problem began. And, just before the cluster died he was getting pretty decent shocks when he touched the car.

You guys all seem pretty knowledgeable. I have an honest mechanic but he's never seen this problem before and he doesn't blog! If you can think of something we can try, I'd appreciate your feedback.

many thanks!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM
1997 Titan King Cab

I have the same problem with my '97 , did you find the cause of your problem ?
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
1997 Titan King Cab

it seems that this has happened to a couple of us here... has anyone found a solution ?

Tags
999, cluster, dash, electrical, electrical problems, instrument cluster, odometer reads 999, problems