Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Bolts for rear tiedown hooks Forums > > Bolts for rear tiedown hooks Bolts for rear tiedown hooks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
ranger150

Default Bolts for rear tiedown hooks

Dumb question but a search of these forums did not give me an answer. I have a 03 Pathfinder ( Canadian ) that I am installing a 2nd hand factory trailer hitch on. The tow hooks on the back have 3 bolts on the passenger side and 2 on the drivers side. The hitch uses 4 bolts on each side and also has dog legs that goes towards the front with a bolt hole that should bolt to the bottom of the frame. Question is what size are these bolts? I am short 3 bolts plus a couple of the original bolts are rusted beyond use. Also the frame does not appear to have a welded nut for the bolt that should go up into the frame for the dog leg section?? I did search the net and found a post saying the bolts are 10mm with different a "pitch" from front to rear. The post wasn't clear if the difference was between the front tow hooks or the rear hooks or if it the difference was between the bolt holes for the rear hooks. Any help would be appreciated.

Tks
Trevor
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
2015 Rogue

I think the bolts are 10 x 1.25 for the smaller ones that go in the forward section and possibly 12 x 1.25 for the ones that go where the tow hooks were.(i'm not positive though, it's been a while since i have installed a hitch on that year pathfinder). There is supposed to be a bracket for the hitch that bolts to the hitch and the frame for the dog leg part.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
bolts, hooks, rear, tiedown