Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
RPMs jumping around - Transmission issue? Forums > > RPMs jumping around - Transmission issue? RPMs jumping around - Transmission issue?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
KevinMcc

Default RPMs jumping around - Transmission issue?

My Pathfinder is in good shape for being a 1997 with 110,000 miles on it. Over the past month, I have noticed my RPM's jumping around and the truck just not running like usual. It has gotten worse over the past week, with the RPMs jumping around and the truck kind of slowing itself down? Kind of hard to describe. I have heard it may be a transmission issue with the vaccuum modulator valve? Has anyone had a similar issue, what was the problem, what was the cost? Please help.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
KevinMcc

Default Anyone have this issue /Trans RPM's jumping around?

No responses to my original post. Please help...
Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 PM
BazPath

My car is much newer so I can't help, BUT, it could be the idle unit that requires either adjustment or repair, so do not get too scared yet. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 PM
kll

dont tell me anything related to r50 pathfinder. I sold mine due to developing transmission problems. I overhauled it but no luck. problems re developed and seemed something related to electronics not mechanichal.

can you decribe the changes in RPM?

Tags
issue, jumping, rpms, transmission