Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Pathfinder - P0455 Forums > > 2006 Pathfinder - P0455 2006 Pathfinder - P0455
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
bagreene

Default 2006 Pathfinder - P0455

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE and recently it has been throwing Code P0455. I have replaced the gas cap and it still threw the code. No other codes are being produced and there is no cange in the cars performance.

I think the vent control valve needs to be replaced.

Do you have instructions on how replace this valve? Is it a hard to complete this repair?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

It could be the vent control valve water separator, there is a bulletin for that problem with instruction to replace it: Knowledgebase - 2006 Pathfinder - Nissanhelp.com
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

Default cleaning purge valve

the purge valve is attached to the carbon canister wich is under the gas fill up side. look under neath and you should see a plastic lunch box size thing.
sometimes the code comes on if the spring on the purge valve has gotten some dirt/dust on it. i would say 80% of the time you can remove the valve and look inside and see the spring twisted.

you can clean the valve with some brake cleaner and using q-tips and tiny flat head push the spring back to clean with q-tip.

on my xterra i removed the corner bumper panel... then i used the tire jack long tube to attach my socket and it gave me the reach ... only 1 bolt holds the carbon canister in place..... you will have to remove the plastic inner wheel well to access the hoses from the gas tank to the carbon canister..... it was easy..

once you remove canister, the purge valve has 2 plastic wings that lock it in place... so very carefully you push down and turn to the left feeling for the openings that will allow the 2 plastic wings to release valve... if you try to animal the part, it will chew the plastic on the carbon canister causing a leak...when you re-attach valve.

sorry- once you remove the valve and clean it... no you have to test it... hold the valve towards you with the electronic fitting facing you and being the top.... left metal clip is positive, right is negative.. take 2 wires.... using your battery... place positive wire on positive on battery and on the left metal clip... (those 2 clips are very close so be carefull) once you run the negative to negative.. you will hear the valve close automatically... that means its still good..

i replaced my valve myself. and saved the old one....... after reading up on the valve i learned how to test it....
tested old valve and it worked.... so i keep it as a spare.

good luck...

Tags
2006, p0455, pathfinder