Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Low oil pressure at idle - 05 Pathfinder LE 4.0 60,000 miles Forums > > Low oil pressure at idle - 05 Pathfinder LE 4.0 60,000 miles Low oil pressure at idle - 05 Pathfinder LE 4.0 60,000 miles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-25-2018, 06:01 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Both. The only time I see it not near dead center of the range is when it is just started on a cold day, in which case the needle will sit around the 3/4 range on the gauge.
Ok thanks....I took it to dealer and used it on a trade in before I had to replace the needed parts.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:04 PM
2006 Pathfinder

The problem is almost never the oil pressure sensor. I had the exact problem on my 2006 pathfinder, opened up oil pan, and found bits of timing chain guide stuck on strainer. Removed them, cleaned thoroughly, and put in 20/50 oil with oil treatment, problem disappeared, and gauge works perfectly at idle in drive, with all accessories running. For those in colder states, you might want to try upgrading to 10/40 first. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:10 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Also, when doing the timing chains and secondary tensioners on the 4.0 engine, if the camshaft tensioner plunger is not worn in its bore, there's no need to remove valve covers, because the secondary guides can be changed without removing entire unit. They can be bought separately.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Both. The only time I see it not near dead center of the range is when it is just started on a cold day, in which case the needle will sit around the 3/4 range on the gauge.
Thanks for your help....I ended up selling it.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:48 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1 View Post
Also, when doing the timing chains and secondary tensioners on the 4.0 engine, if the camshaft tensioner plunger is not worn in its bore, there's no need to remove valve covers, because the secondary guides can be changed without removing entire unit. They can be bought separately.
The only reason one would need to remove the valve covers would be if they did not have the ring gear stopper. With the ring gear stopper holding the crank, the chains are used to hold the cam gears while the ca gear bolts are torqued. Without the ring gear stopper, the valve covers must be removed so a wrench can be put on the flats on the camshafts to hold it in place while the cam gear bolts are torqued.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:37 PM
2008 Pathfinder

Exclamation Oil pressure issue still persists - HELP

Well,

I lost my engine and perform a complete rebuilt, including new chains, pistons, gallery gasket seals, etc

Anyway, the car runs great with a low engine temperature, however as the engine temperature raises, when idle, pressure decrease do 7 PSI..

5w30 oil provides a minimum improvement, the situation was worse.

Its important to mention that after rebuild I run 500 Km so far.

Have no Idea of how fix it. Help!

Tags
000, idle, low, miles, oil, pathfinder, pressure