Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 pathfinder VDC off and Slip Lights stays on Forums > > 05 pathfinder VDC off and Slip Lights stays on 05 pathfinder VDC off and Slip Lights stays on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Bdaviskar

Default 05 pathfinder VDC off and Slip Lights stays on

First the first few days, The two lights would come on one day but not the next. Now when I start the truck, they are off but as soon as I move, they both come on. When it first happened, I notice the yellow tire indicator light came on with the other two. The tire light has not been on since. I do ave new tires and brakes all the way around a few months before this happened. They were put on by the dealer. I search for codes but there were none I read in another post that I might have to reset my VDC. I will check the service manual to see how to do this.

IS there anything else? Any help is appreciated.

THanks in advance
Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Bdaviskar

Now this morning, the lights did not come on until I was a mile down the road. This was rght when I got onto the dry payment. Is this just a coincident, or could this info help me. Thanks again.

Checked Brake Fluid it is ok

Last edited by Bdaviskar; 01-09-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

It is possible that the brake pressure switch is at fault. Also an ABS problem. This usually occurs in the rear sensor. Also you may have a wiring harness problem. I would bring it to your local dealer for a scan check for ABS and I am sure there will be codes. Codes for this problem will not appear in engine diag.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Bdaviskar

Thanks Streamcast

I found out it was only when I applied the brake. I can make the light come on without going anywhere. All I have to do is press the brake pedal 75 percent down(guess) and the lights come on. I can drive around and not make the lights come on at all. Only if I press down to far.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Bdaviskar

I just got back from the shop. Code 1142. It was the abs pressure switch like Streamcast mentioned. Thanks Again!!!!

I had air in the back two brake lines. Pedal feels great and no lights. After awhile the 1142 came back though so there must be air still getting in my system.

However he is not sure how the air got in the lines. There are no leaks and the brake fluid level is the same. Has anyone heard of this? He recomends changing the MAster Brake Cylinder. Thinking air is getting into the low pressure side.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Bdaviskar

Update

Dealer says that the abs actuator is failing and sucking in air. A 1500 repair.:(
Can I disconnect the ABS System so this is not used?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

For a legal answer...No.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Bdaviskar

Update The dealer replaced the ABS Unit last year and it is now fixed.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 AM
adalee

I'm having the same issue, just had a valve stem replaced yesterday by the dealer, and after a couple of errand stops on the way home, the VDC OFF light came on and has not gone off. How many miles are on your Pathfinder?
Thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
uppergates416

I was having problem with my 05 pathfinder transmission, the hand held computer the diagnosis came out with following code = Fr/b solenoid cir. Pls what is meaning of this code.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder

Default VDC and SLIP

I have read many forums on what to do when the VDC and SLIP comes on and stays on. Some suggest the steering angle sensor... The first thing that should be checked is the Wheel Alignment. A very simple fix. The Nissan Pathfinder has a very delicate front end. If you find that driving down a straight road has the steering wheel "cocked" to either side then the sensors for the VDC will think the car is slipping. Many dealers find other problems and overlook the alignment. Try an alignment first. This fixed my problem. Good luck
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 PM
2006 Pathfinder

I have an '06 Pathfinder with the ABS VDC/Slip light on. Now the 4x4 won't engage either. Are they related? I read somewhere that improper alignment could cause the light to come on as well. I've replaced the front pass. hub assembly as it was making an awful grinding noise, the front pass. caliper (stuck/rusted pin), and both front and rear pads/rotors and the light is still on. Got caught in a bad snow storm recently with no limited slip or 4 wheel drive. Brake fluid is fine. Any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Need to get the vehicle scanned for codes. The problem is most likely a wire broken or a wheel speed sensor failing. But need to get codes to pin point exactly what area you need to look in. If wiring in rear could be a chase from front to back of vehicle. If sensor you need to test ensor and replace if neccassary. Was this roblem present before you made the repairs. Yes if the abs is malfunctioning then it willl disable 4 wheel drive. Thid hapens because the vehicle speed is momitored by the wheel speed sensors, if a malfunction occurrs than the computers cannot determine if the wheels are turning or how fast they are turning.

Last edited by streamcast; 12-21-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-31-2019, 01:11 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I have a 2005 pathfinder LE with 193k miles. The other day the car was at idle and just died. I had trouble starting it since then, it cranks for a few seconds then starts. The VDC off and SLIP lights came on when it stalled and have been on since. O'Reilly's sold me a crank sensor since that code was indicated. Replaced sensor and drove 100 miles. Lights still on and still having trouble starting. Any ideas?

Tags
lights, pathfinder, slip, stays, vdc