Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Prairie Forums > > Prairie Prairie
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Other Nissan Vehicles Other Nissan Vehicles Discussion Forum

Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 AM
prairie

Unhappy Prairie

I have a 2002 Prairie imported to Sydney. I have been driving it for 4 year in a different country. It is running on Hyper CVT. It has got only 35,000 km. On arrival to Sydney, I found something wrong the first time I drove it in Sydney. On most occasions, when I have driven the car for about 45 mins or so, the engine spins at 5,000 rpm and the car was still 50km/hr only. The speed will not go further. In other occasions after the 45 mins drive, it seems that the car entered into fail-safe mode and lose power. It returns to normal when the car is cooled down again. Has it something to do with the harder road conditions in Sydney than in my previous country where roads were easy? Should I change the CVT fluid? The CVT fluid recommended by Nissan is NS-1. NS-1 is not available in Australia. Are there any replacement fluids for NS-1? Does anyone know what's happened?

Prairie

Tags
prairie