Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
85 300zx nonturbo. no elec power to car. main relay location? Forums > > 85 300zx nonturbo. no elec power to car. main relay location? 85 300zx nonturbo. no elec power to car. main relay location?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
lovemusik

Question 85 300zx nonturbo. no elec power to car. main relay location?

just got this car...needs work, but first priority is to figure out the no power issue. when i say no power, :biglaugha:i mean anywhere. even dome or brake lights which dont need the key to work. i've pulled & tested every relay i can find(some are labeled, some arent) and they all test good(at least i hear the switch "click" when i add power to it.) i cross-reffed a beck replcmt relay at an import parts dealer(main relay or battery relay-they call it) and it has a nissan part # that don't match ANY of the ones i've found/tested. its # is "25230C9967" and is listed as a "main relay". problem is i cant FIND this relay anywhere. there's a bank of relays just behind the pass.side headlight, a fusible link bank in front of the battery(pass side) and two more relays behind a small panel in the same fender (between batt. and fusible link bank). then there's a small bank of relays just above the fuse panel/drivers kick panel. have the radio and lower dash panels out & dont see any more banks. the ecu is behind pass. kick panel. (btw:battery is in great cond and has two new cables connected tightly)i get a power reading from the batt. to eng block. i can "jump" the posts on the starter and it will spin. prev. owner said it would do this intermittenly...could drive to store, come back out and get nothing. turning the key produces nothing, no clicks, nothing. i'm pretty sure this car came w/antitheft & it has a relay for that. i've heard of guys setting off the alarm, disarming and no start. could the antitheft relay be controlling the power to the whole car!? even brake lights??? if anyone knows the location of this "main relay" or "battery relay", please let me know and i'll be most :bowdown:grateful. these cars are a blast to drive and it's killing me to see it just sitting there.
thanx a million,
rog

Last edited by lovemusik; 07-23-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

welcome to the site.i love them datsun i been looking for a decent one but still looking, really nice cars. could be alternator?? have it checked. also check battery try to chearge it at autozone or adavnce auto parts or putting in a new one. was is it runnign when u bought it or just bought it like that??

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate

Last edited by sergey85; 07-24-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
lovemusik

Smile no power to car. at all. battery great.

thanx for the reply, but the battery is perfect...i've load tested it and everything. cant be alternator either, because power doesnt go thru it, it comes FROM it back to charge the batt. there's a master relay somewhere in this thing that i cant find. if you know someone who has this car and knows it inside out, show them my thread, maybe they've dealt with this problem or heard of it.thanx againroger
Old 07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

oh alright yeh no problem
Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

try posting in zilvia.net, zcar.com and nicoclub.com they might help u out

Tags
300zx, car, elec, location, main, nonturbo, power, relay