Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
350z: many problems Forums > > 350z: many problems 350z: many problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Laurent

Unhappy 350z: many problems

I have just bought the coupe 2003. I have had many desapointments. When I first drove it on the freeway in the LA area, it was so bumpy that after a few miles I had a backache up to my neck. I also have a condensation problem inside the car and outside onto the lower part on the windshield (especially at night). Is anyone know where it can come from?
The dealership has just change the tires because the ones in the front was one size smaller. It made the computer crazy to the point that I had some black out while driving at night (no light at all) and the traction control was slowing down the car (slip indicator was flashing).
Can you imagine how incomfortable it was for me for my first ride? I am glad I am still alive. Is anyone know what can I do to improve it?
Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
I have just bought the coupe 2003. I have had many desapointments. When I first drove it on the freeway in the LA area, it was so bumpy that after a few miles I had a backache up to my neck.
It is a sports car. That is a common characterisic. Stiff suspension= good handling.

Quote:
The dealership has just change the tires because the ones in the front was one size smaller.
The front and rear tires are supposed to be different sizes on the 350z.

Quote:
Is anyone know what can I do to improve it?
Trade it in for a buick
ASE Master Certified.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Laurent

Default Interesting...

Do the buicks get dry air inside? Do you need to keep the wipers on? In fact I have noticed that if I leave the AC on it is much better. I don't mind doing it now but in december it can get pretty chilly around here.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:31 PM
2015 Rogue

The reason for the condensation is the good quality of the seals on the nissans. To help with this I would try keeping the climate control system set to fresh air rather than recirculate. The a/c will help because it dries the air. It will work the same in the winter because the a/c is designed to come on when the heat is set to the floor or defrost. It will still blow hot air while drying it out.
In the morning my 2007 sentra does the same thing. You could leave a window open just a crack to help vent the inside of the car.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Laurent

Question Do you work for Nissan?

I did have many different cars, but none of them was blowing moisture as a token of good quality of the seals. It seems to be a design problem, and a big one!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
daveshaftoe

the condensate is cured by having the external air mode activated buddy i had the same prob,
Old 01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
robertsowka

a/c is colder air which has less moisture in it... thats why when you put it on defrost the a/c automatically comes on... the regular air will also dry your windows but it takes alot longer...

Tags
350z, problems