Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2003 350z crank no start Forums > > 2003 350z crank no start 2003 350z crank no start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 07-05-2019, 05:52 PM
2003 350Z

Default 2003 350z crank no start

One day at lunch I was driving my 350 at lunch and it made a pop and shut off. It started back up but would not turn over 3000 rpm's. I made it to the shop during lunch and after work it started up but would barely run and finally died before I made it home. After being towed home I went to checking things out. Every thing I could read it sound like the MAF sensor was the problem. When checking for codes if showed cam sensors. I have replaced both cam sensors, crank sensor, and MAF sensor with no change. In stalled new fuel pump and one coil, and having a hard time checking for spark by myself. The car will try to run while the starter is running and has a completely different sound to it. I have cleaned and checked the cam actuating solenoids and new fuel pump is pumping a lot of fuel but cant tell the pressure. Checked the compression and all have at least 180 lbs and in stalled a new set of plugs. Running out of ideals, everything i have tried has not changed a thing. To me it sounds like something is stuck open (non turbo) because it is louder than normal when cranking. I have a code scanner, test lite and multi meter to check things with. Looking for any suggestions.

Tags
350z, crank, start