Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0335 Replaced Sensor but still getting code and stalling!! Forums > > P0335 Replaced Sensor but still getting code and stalling!! P0335 Replaced Sensor but still getting code and stalling!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2019, 04:05 PM
2006 350Z

Default P0335 Replaced Sensor but still getting code and stalling!!

‘06 350z DE model 6-speed. Pulling P0335 after replacing all 5 sensors, 2 camshaft, 2 exhaust valve and 1 crankshaft sensor(which would be the one the code is referencing). I have also replaced the throttle body and relays and fuses associated with the throttle system just in case. But I am still stalling after the car warms up(about 10 minutes—that’s when the idle becomes super erratic and revs and drops all over out of control until it finally stalls).

Original issue was a no-start after driving about 10 miles and reaching destination without any issue. Returned to vehicle a couple hours later and would not start and then gave me codes for throttle body and sensors. Replaced cam and crank sensors and throttle body and still got p1078&1084&0335. Keep in mind that the 0335 code should’ve disappeared being that I already replaced that sensor. So I replaced the two exhaust timing sensors too and now I’m left with just the 0335 code and a car that runs fine until 10 minutes in then acts demon possessed whether idling or driving and then stalls out and won’t restart until it cools. I am at the end of my patience with this thing and would appreciate any skilled feedback. Thank you very much and I appreciate being a new member of this forum.

P.S. I have recorded video of the entire event of running the car in idle and then it’s erratic behavior and then it’s stall. I just don’t know how to post videos yet.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 AM
2015 Rogue

Any luck on getting this resolved?
Old 08-06-2019, 10:32 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Did you use genuine Nissan cam sensors? Bad "new" aftermarket cam and crank position sensors are not unheard of when working on Japanese makes and I've experienced it myself on customers who have replaced sensors with ones from the local parts store that were bad out of the box. If it's not that, then it could be a open or shorted circuit to the sensor, an issue with the gear on the end of the cam or even a bad ECM. Nico Club's website has free online manuals you can use. The diagnostic procedures for DTC P0335 can be found in the "EC" (Engine Control) section.

Last edited by smj999smj; 08-06-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:58 PM
2006 350Z

You were absolutely correct. I ended up buying a new crankshaft sensor from Pep Boys and replaced it. Car ran perfectly and has not thrown a code since. Turned out the Amazon 3 pack of sensors had a bad crank sensor in the mix. Needless to say amazon is refunding me for the bad part. Thanks for the help. Hope this helps someone else. :)

Tags
code, p0335, replaced, sensor, stalling