Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
VIN number in strange format Forums > > VIN number in strange format VIN number in strange format
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 AM
2004 350Z

Default VIN number in strange format

Hi all,

I was trying to check my 350Z VIN number in an online decoder (I tried several in fact) but each time it shows as not valid.

Having checked the VIN formatting on this site it seems mine does not comply with those rules, which seems a little strange.

I've checked both the sticker in the door jam and the embossed plate in the engine bay and they both have the same number so it doesn't appear that I have a ringer. Besides, I've owned it for 10 years now so a bit late to do anything about it if it was

Is this a known thing with certain batches of Z's?

The VIN is JN1GAAZ33U0200104 for anyone that's curious.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2022, 11:14 PM
2004 370Z Coupe
2004 350Z

Hi MacW, I actually have the same problem and can't determine the exact year model of my Z. The VIN number is JN1GAAZ33Z0005385. At least it correlates with your car's VIN number as I too could not clearly identify the various sections of the VIN decoder.
I have resorted to sending an email to Japan soliciting information and help.

Tags
format, number, strange, vin