Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Please help with this code U1000 Forums > > Please help with this code U1000 Please help with this code U1000
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
2003 350Z

Lightbulb Please help with this code U1000

hello, Im new here so forgive my noobiness.

Iv got a problem with my car, Im just after installing a new engine and it wont start.. the spark plugs aren't producing any sparks, iv tried everything, including checking the wiring harness, i checked the ECU and i got this code u1000 Im new to the datsun/nissans im used to american cars, so i was wondering what I could do to get the engine starting again and how to get rid of that code?

Note: on top of all that my little security light near the windshield on the dashboard, (Little red light) doesnt go off, it stays on even withe the key in the ignition.

Any ideas?
would very much be appreciated it has been a road block for me.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
2015 Rogue

U1000 is a can communication error. Check all of your connections and make sure you reconnected all of the ground wires.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM
2003 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
U1000 is a can communication error. Check all of your connections and make sure you reconnected all of the ground wires.
will this cause an error when trying to program the ECU ? and would it cause no power to reach the spark plugs?

Sorry for the dumb questions, im used to working on older american cars most of which have no complicated ECU's.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

[QUOTE=Mr.Z33;86916] i checked the ECU and i got this code u1000
Note: on top of all that my little security light near the windshield on the dashboard, (Little red light) doesnt go off, it stays on even withe the key in the ignition./QUOTE]

does security light stays solid red when you're cranking? if so, your anti-theft system may be causing the No Start. Only dealer can diagnose and fix the issue. btw - you didn't mention so i assume you didn't but i ask anyway; did you install a new ECM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM
2003 350Z

[QUOTE=bennyb53;86957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z33 View Post
i checked the ECU and i got this code u1000
Note: on top of all that my little security light near the windshield on the dashboard, (Little red light) doesnt go off, it stays on even withe the key in the ignition./QUOTE]

does security light stays solid red when you're cranking? if so, your anti-theft system may be causing the No Start. Only dealer can diagnose and fix the issue. btw - you didn't mention so i assume you didn't but i ask anyway; did you install a new ECM.
Yes the security light stays solid red, on top of that i get the code u1000, and no i am using my old ECM on the new engine.. but im still thinking how it wouldnt start even if i did not do anything to the security system :S any ideas?
apart from the dealership.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Unfortunately the Engine Control manual is not available for your model year and the closes model year is 2006. It should be similar to your system and also the Circuit Diagram. The manual will show the two CAN circuit (H&L lines) and the ECM terminal that you can do voltage testing. Under Trouble Diagnoses it will tell you what color the wires. The electrical manual is more detailed. I was going to look up what ECM terminal is NATS. The anti-theft system has an Immobilizer Control Unit mounted by the ignition cyl. housing that receives signal from your chip key and sends it to ECM for without it ECM will not activate ignition. They do fail and mine failed 2 + yrs. ago. Even if you replace this part you still have to bring car to dealer to initialize all keys and new IMMU to ECM. May be you can request from Administrator the EC manual for your model year. Haynes repair manual also include electrical schematics. hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
2003 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
Unfortunately the Engine Control manual is not available for your model year and the closes model year is 2006. It should be similar to your system and also the Circuit Diagram. The manual will show the two CAN circuit (H&L lines) and the ECM terminal that you can do voltage testing. Under Trouble Diagnoses it will tell you what color the wires. The electrical manual is more detailed. I was going to look up what ECM terminal is NATS. The anti-theft system has an Immobilizer Control Unit mounted by the ignition cyl. housing that receives signal from your chip key and sends it to ECM for without it ECM will not activate ignition. They do fail and mine failed 2 + yrs. ago. Even if you replace this part you still have to bring car to dealer to initialize all keys and new IMMU to ECM. May be you can request from Administrator the EC manual for your model year. Haynes repair manual also include electrical schematics. hope this helps.
This has opened my eyes, i appreciate the help alot. il be taking my ride to the dealership first thing in the morning. ill give you updates as soon as im back home.

One more thing i was thinking of forced induction system for my ride, what do you recommend ?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Of the two forced induction system I would probably go with Turbocharge. I have no experience with neither. My Altima is just a stock 5 spd naturally aspirated engine.

Tags
code, u1000