Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan using Regular oil in 370Z??? Forums > > Nissan using Regular oil in 370Z??? Nissan using Regular oil in 370Z???
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan Z Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z, Discussion Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
2012 370Z Coupe

Question Nissan using Regular oil in 370Z???

Today I brought my 2012 370z in for service and they wanted to charge me extra for synthetic oil. Meanwhile this service is suppose to be covered by Nissan, however, they said Nissan changed their policy and no longer covers the use of synthetic oil.

Is this true???

When I brought my car in for service last time they used synthetic oil and there was no charge but now they changed their policy and will only use regular oil unless I pay. WHY??? This REALLY annoyed me.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

As far as I know, bu I could be wrong, the Service Contract are provided by the dealers an not by Nissan. Do you have a copy of the Service Contract? is there anything in the contract about engine oil?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliver81 View Post
Today I brought my 2012 370z in for service and they wanted to charge me extra for synthetic oil. Meanwhile this service is suppose to be covered by Nissan, however, they said Nissan changed their policy and no longer covers the use of synthetic oil.

Is this true???

When I brought my car in for service last time they used synthetic oil and there was no charge but now they changed their policy and will only use regular oil unless I pay. WHY??? This REALLY annoyed me.
Unfortunately it is true. Nissan covered the synthetics on the maintenance contacts on the 2009-2010 models that required it. For 2011 and up they no longer do. It's not the dealers fault. We have been fighting with Nissan to change that policy. They are not the ones who have to tell the customers that that have to pay even though they already paid for the contract.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
370z, nissan, oil, regular