Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
adding a 12 volt power outlet Forums > > adding a 12 volt power outlet adding a 12 volt power outlet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan NV Nissan NV Commercial Vehicle Discussion Forum

Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 AM
2012 Truck

Default adding a 12 volt power outlet

How do you add a new wire to the blank (battery) spot on the fuse box under the dash. I want to add a new 12 volt outlet to the rear area and supply power to a roof mounted exhaust fan.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
2013 Cube

Default Power Supply

To add a power socket to the rear you could take a wire off the live wire on the back of the existing power socket. As long as the extension wire is not excessively long and the cable is no smaller in section than the wire feeding the front power socket it should be ok. However it should be noted that the total load applied to either or both sockets should not exceed 12V 120W (10A) as specified in the vehicle hand book.
For heavy loads a new separate fused circuit should be taken directly off the battery or a suitable live terminal.
Care should always be taken with wiring to ensure live connections are fully insulated to prevent short circuits and wiring must be carefully routed to prevent damage to insulation.
Additional circuits to say a roof fan should be fused and a relay used if required.
(Disclaimer - To the extent permitted by law, I accept no responsibility (including loss, damage or injury) in respect of the above)
Old 10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
2012 Truck

The wire going to the existing front power outlet is to small to add the fan and extra power outlet in the rear. The fuse panel under the drivers side dash has an empty blank fuse slot powered by the battery not the ignition. I just don't see where to attach the "load side wire" to run to the fan and outlet. The back side of the fuse panel is covered with plastic modules with no terminal or screw showing to attach a wire to the spot labeled blank fuse. This would be the ideal way for me to supply power if I could just figure out how to attach the wire to the fuse box.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:37 PM
2011 200SX
2011 200SX

Hi, this topic is a bit long ago, but perhaps still interesting.

Current from the fuse box to Hollen in my opinion is not a good idea.
The NV200 in Europe execution after about 20 minutes, the entire circuit is interrupted by switching off the engine.

It is better to pick up directly from the battery power, right behind it with eg Hedge 50 Amper and the power cord set into the car, then to the wall outlet, for example, again with 20 amperes or less Securing. Cable cross-section I advise you to take 6mm2 else comes back in the car hardly current.

Here meien outlets
The socket behind the seat

And the socket box for rear left in disguise

Gruß
Christian
Old 09-27-2018, 10:47 PM
2008 350Z Roadster
2016 280ZX

When I wired up an electric outlet I went from the starter wire connection to an automotive inline fuse, to the outlet. The 2nd wire of the outlet needs to go to the chassis or frame.
I used a 15 amp fuse, as the outlet can become the most easily accessable place to hook up a battery charger.

__________________________________________________ _________
In daily life we are more often liked for our defects than for our qualities.
All the best, Diceus

Last edited by Ydnell; 09-27-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Tags
adding, fuse box, outlet, power, power outlet, volt