Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Which Engine V6 or V8 Forums > > Which Engine V6 or V8 Which Engine V6 or V8
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan NV Nissan NV Commercial Vehicle Discussion Forum

Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM
1978 Truck

Default Which Engine V6 or V8

I'm looking to get a 2500 High Roof. Trying to figure out which engine I need.

I sometimes tow a 16 ft. 6000 lb enclosed trailer full of equipment. All my mileage is local short trips never over 20 miles one way. 75% of miles are without towing the trailer.

I currently drive a Chevy Express 3500 Van with a 5.7 liter V8. It tows the trailer with no problems. However it only gets around 12 mpg around town when not towing. I was hoping to be able to use the 4.0 liter V6 in the Nissan 2500 because it says it can tow up to 7000 lbs. It thought maybe I could get a couple more mpg's out of the V6 when I'm not towing which accounts for most of my driving .

I'm just wondering if anyone has towed that much weight with the V6 & how well does it tow?

Tags
engine