Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
U.S. probes reports of Nissan, Chrysler, GM defects Forums > > U.S. probes reports of Nissan, Chrysler, GM defects U.S. probes reports of Nissan, Chrysler, GM defects
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nissan News Latest Nissan News

Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default U.S. probes reports of Nissan, Chrysler, GM defects

U.S. safety regulators have opened preliminary investigations into consumer complaints about vehicles made by Nissan Motor Co Ltd, Chrysler LLC and General Motors Co that could affect more than 700,000 cars.

A preliminary investigation is the first step in a process that could lead to a recall if regulators determine that a safety issue needs to be addressed by a manufacturer.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said its probe into an estimated 440,000 Nissan Altima cars from the 2007 and 2008 model years concerned a possible leak in the brake master cylinder that could reduce the effectiveness of the brakes.

Read more: U.S. probes reports of Nissan, Chrysler, GM defects | Reuters
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast
2007 Sentra
2014 Altima 2014 Altima

I am nissan fan. I have owned 5 nissan vehicles to dates. My only disappointed is the way they handle defects. After more than hundred complaints from user i think i recall should be issued but that is not the case. Everybody wants a peace of mind. They need to listen to their customers and fix problems or else honda and toyota are waiting to win them over.
You don't have to wait for the federal gov. to come after you before you do what is right. It is called common sense - do the right thing.

Tags
chrysler, defects, nissan, probes, reports