Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
jerking on acceleration Forums > > jerking on acceleration jerking on acceleration
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
newbee72

Default jerking on acceleration

Recently, my 06 murano have this jerking, delay in acceleration after at stop. It happens more when going up on a slope but not a steep one. You can feel the hesitation but eventually accelerates. Brought it in to a dealer but nothing showed on computer and said as long as the tach moves - its okay. Any suggestions or input?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
newbee72

Am I the only one having this problem with my murano? I've brought it back and there is a significant hesitation. The tech felt it but mentioned again that there was no error with the computer and the tach was moving. I dont understand. I've just spent 600 dollars to get the 49000km service and still the hesitation continues and the dealer cannot do anything about it and keeps to mention to come back when it happens again. Whats the point of bringing the vehicle back when you know they'll say the same thing over and over again - cannot find anything wrong - BS.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

maybe u need to just hit the gas harder. if u are going up a slope it willl need to build the power to get up the slope, especially from a stop. try hitting the gas harder and see if that changes anything

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
jerry gollnick

Default jerking or lag on aceleration

I have a 2003 murano and I have complained to the dealer about this problem for years. it's dangerous. With my car the problem shows up after stop and go driving or prolonged idleing. i push the acelerator down and the car seems to lag in response to the acelerator input. The delaer at first told me it was the air mass meter then the trottle body which was replaced. none of this helped. Then i went online to a help site and a Nissan tech told me to have the trottle potentiometer and the trottle position motor calibrated . i had this done. nissan now tells me that isn't the problem and i now need to replace a 2300 dollar part in the transmission. I don't believe anything my local nissan dealer( Boulder Colorado) says. They have stalled until the car is out of warranty. There should be a saftey recall on this. Anyone else run into this problem?
Old 03-17-2018, 07:41 AM
2006 Murano

I have a 2006 Nissan Murano, same issue with hesitation from idled position.
I’ve had the crankshaft sensor replaced twice both times the check engine light was on, took it to autozone got the report stating crankshaft sensor needed to be replaced. The first time (a mechanic referred by a friend) the part was faulty the second time it was loose (regular mechanic) finally I took it to the Nissan dealership, it was resolved along with fuel injectors being cleaned. The car began to jerk again, then the light came back on the Nissan dealership said it was the catalytic converters and referred me to a muffler shop to cut costs. The muffler shop replaced both as well they stated both oxygen sensors needed to be replaced along with the exhaust manifold as well as the air fuel sensor. All done. The car is still jerking and at this point I’m not sure how to proceed. Can someone please help???

Last edited by Frustrated Nina; 03-17-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:01 PM
2007 Murano

Hello!
I have a 2007 Murano that is experiencing the same jerking/hesitation/stuttering mentioned above.
It happens quite often and usually when the car has warmed up. And jerks at about 18-25MPH.
The car has 130,000 KMs (@ 81,000 miles).
It was brought into a Nissan dealer because of the cars tendencies and the service engine light was on.
They found past codes of P0463, P0868.
The invoice also noted that it could be the fuel pump or valve. CVT tested OK at this time monitor.
I have scoured the internet to find the answer but seems like no has found the solution to this problem.
I would appreciate it if someone has had this problem and has had it resolved. Can share what they did or was done to the car.
Extremely frustrated!
Thanks for listening!
Old 02-05-2020, 09:23 PM
2011 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murano 604 View Post
Hello!
I have a 2007 Murano that is experiencing the same jerking/hesitation/stuttering mentioned above.
It happens quite often and usually when the car has warmed up. And jerks at about 18-25MPH.
The car has 130,000 KMs (@ 81,000 miles).
It was brought into a Nissan dealer because of the cars tendencies and the service engine light was on.
They found past codes of P0463, P0868.
The invoice also noted that it could be the fuel pump or valve. CVT tested OK at this time monitor.
I have scoured the internet to find the answer but seems like no has found the solution to this problem.
I would appreciate it if someone has had this problem and has had it resolved. Can share what they did or was done to the car.
Extremely frustrated!
Thanks for listening!
Check ur Air intake boot. It most likely has rips (you have to take it out to inspect it to). Mine did, I replaced it, part costs like 30ish dollars on amazon and its pretty easy. If the air intake has rips replacing it should fix your problem right away.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:13 AM
2007 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinx View Post
Check ur Air intake boot. It most likely has rips (you have to take it out to inspect it to). Mine did, I replaced it, part costs like 30ish dollars on amazon and its pretty easy. If the air intake has rips replacing it should fix your problem right away.
Thanks oshinx for this suggestion but after an inspection of the air intake boot it looked to be free of any cracks or rips.
I have since taken it back to the dealer for an oil change and subsequent diagnostic.
The dealer came up with code P0463 calling for a new fuel sending unit ($1300 CAD) and P0746 new transaxle assembly, I assume transmission? ($4K-$6K).
This is crazy, the car is only worth about $4000.....if that.
I sent Nissan Canada a scathing letter about my troubles with Nissan cars (had 92 Pathfinder where the transmission was replaced with low mileage as well).
I have learned my lesson and will not be purchasing another Nissan automobile.
I can't believe on the numerous forums i've read about this issue that there's no real fix for the stuttering/hesitation, including a few that even had their transmissions rebuilt.

Tags
acceleration, jerking