Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Clicking sound from the hood, rear rattling sound... Help! Forums > > Clicking sound from the hood, rear rattling sound... Help! Clicking sound from the hood, rear rattling sound... Help!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM
eliteone

Default Clicking sound from the hood, rear rattling sound... Help!

Hi everyone... I recently purchased a pre-owned 2003 Nissan Murano SL. I finally got my hands on one as I had been interested since they first were released... I've had it about 2 weeks.

I've recently noticed two sounds that are bugging me to death.

#1 There is a very faint clicking sound coming from the hood area when I'm driving in very low speeds (at least this is when I can hear it). I hear it only with the windows down. It usually happens when I'm pushing the gas... Its kind of delayed so it might actually be when I'm letting go of the brake. Its just one click at a time, not rapid sounds or anything. Has anyone else heard of this.

#2 There is a rattling sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. I notice this when I go over speed bumps. I discovered it when going to work and driving up the parking garage we have at work. I don't have any problems when I'm driving on smooth roads. I'm not sure if its the suspension itself or what... I started to think it was the rear bumper itself. Is it me or does it seem to be installed very loosely. I don't have any other Murano to compare it to so it might just be mine. Are there any known problems or noise coming from the rear suspension or bumper?

When you're in the car with the windows up, neither one of these sounds are noticeable at all.

Also, is there anyway to determine if a recall item has already been taken care of on the vehicle? Like I said, I just purchased it so I'm not sure if the prior owner took care of the previous recall items? Does a dealer have a database of this type of info?

Thanks in advance for your help.

K.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Welcome to the forums!!

You can check at any Nissan dealer if your car have any recalls, they should be able to find that in the database. Most dealers will let you by phone.

About the noises. I don't have anything for the noise from the hood, but there is a bulletin for the rattle from the rear of the car:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB03-108.htm

There is also more information about all the bulletins available here:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Murano/Diagnose.htm

Or you can search the bulletins by number here:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/2003/1.htm
Old 05-18-2006, 03:11 PM
eliteone

Hey, thanks for the info... I tested for the noise in the rear when having my parking brake slightly compressed and just as it was listed in the link you posted, the sound went away. I'm taking it in to be fixed. I just hope they dope try to clear my wallet. It doesn't seem too difficult. I JUST BOUGHT THE MURANO!

Tags
clicking, hood, rattling, rear, sound