Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Fog Lights for 2006 Murano Forums > > Fog Lights for 2006 Murano Fog Lights for 2006 Murano
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 AM
meloney_r

Default Fog Lights for 2006 Murano

im planning to have my murano installed with fog lights but the technician Ive talked with told that it is not advisable for the car to have ones due over heating?...why is this so? :confused:
Old 11-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloney_r View Post
im planning to have my murano installed with fog lights but the technician Ive talked with told that it is not advisable for the car to have ones due over heating?...why is this so? :confused:
Your technician may have misunderstood your question. Nissan offered optional Fog Lights (you can buy OEM Fog Lights). Sounds like a misunderstanding.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM

2006 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloney_r View Post

He is wrong. I have an 06 SE with factory fog lights that I use as Daytime Running Lights (DRL's). To accomplish this I simply added a relay to the fog lamp circuit that powers them when ever the ignnition is on.

These lights are always on when we drive......no problems at all.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:01 AM
mtmurano

Default Fog lights self-install

While we are on the subject, I have read that you can buy a fog light kit from Nissan with the steering wheel replacement lever/stalk and install the setup relatively easily since the wiring is already in place. Has anyone done this or have any input about this project. I feel very confident that it wouldn't be a problem if the wiring were already in place. We have a 2006 type S.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:23 PM

2007 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmurano View Post
While we are on the subject, I have read that you can buy a fog light kit from Nissan with the steering wheel replacement lever/stalk and install the setup relatively easily since the wiring is already in place. Has anyone done this or have any input about this project. I feel very confident that it wouldn't be a problem if the wiring were already in place. We have a 2006 type S.

I just mounted it on a 2007 and all the wirings are there. You only have to buy two small harnesses to connect the lights to the existing wirings. All the parts including the lights, the bezels, the harnesses, the signal switch, and the light sensor with the mounting base will cost you over $300.00.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 AM
dpbrunosr

Default Fog Lights-DRL

Just bought 2007 MO S and of course there are no fog lights....I would like to add them but use as DRL's too. I am hoping to buy them aftermarket to save a buck, has anyone found a source of a close copy. Also as stated by CH-Z51,he added a relay and hooked up to ignition which is what I would like to do since you wouldn't have to change the light stalk[lever] . Maybe you could give a few details on the relay and how you wired into the ignition switch,thanks for any advise.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:08 AM

2007 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbrunosr View Post
Just bought 2007 MO S and of course there are no fog lights....I would like to add them but use as DRL's too. I am hoping to buy them aftermarket to save a buck, has anyone found a source of a close copy. Also as stated by CH-Z51,he added a relay and hooked up to ignition which is what I would like to do since you wouldn't have to change the light stalk[lever] . Maybe you could give a few details on the relay and how you wired into the ignition switch,thanks for any advise.
You can use the fog lights from an Altima, they are the same. Check this link, eBay Motors: FOG LIGHT KIT NISSAN ALTIMA 2002 2003 2004 OEM NEW (item 360008956564 end time Jan-06-08 11:14:30 PST)

they will come with the light stalk but it doesn't fit, but is you want to use a relay you don't need it anyway. For the bezels and wiring harnesses check this site Nissan Parts at Wholesale Prices. Those will cost about $40.00 ea for the bezels and $12.00 for the wires. You can buy any light relay, they come with easy mountings instructions.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
2011 Murano

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH-Z51 View Post
He is wrong. I have an 06 SE with factory fog lights that I use as Daytime Running Lights (DRL's). To accomplish this I simply added a relay to the fog lamp circuit that powers them when ever the ignnition is on.

These lights are always on when we drive......no problems at all.
Can I do the same on 2011 MO?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Jones View Post
You can use the fog lights from an Altima, they are the same. Check this link, eBay Motors: FOG LIGHT KIT NISSAN ALTIMA 2002 2003 2004 OEM NEW (item 360008956564 end time Jan-06-08 11:14:30 PST)

they will come with the light stalk but it doesn't fit, but is you want to use a relay you don't need it anyway. For the bezels and wiring harnesses check this site Nissan Parts at Wholesale Prices. Those will cost about $40.00 ea for the bezels and $12.00 for the wires. You can buy any light relay, they come with easy mountings instructions.
Keep in mind that in some states (new york) the fog lights have to be switched separate. You must be able to turn them off. You will need to put a switch in the system somewhere.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:33 AM
2011 Murano

We already have the foglights, just would like to have them as a daytime running lights. Is there a way to do this?

Tags
2006, fog, lights, murano