Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brake controller installation Forums > > Brake controller installation Brake controller installation
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM
jhochst

Default Brake controller installation

I will be installing a Nissan OEM hitch (all three parts) I have no problems with that, but I need to have a 7 pin plug instead of the 4. I will need to run a Black wire to battery with the controller power, I will also need to run a blue wire from the controller to the back, and I must ground the controller, but where do I connect the red stoplight wire. I know the runs going to the battery must be going through an automatic 20amp circuit breaker. I have searched everywhere for info on this topic and can find nothing to help. Thank for any advice and pictures

Jason

PS 07 Murano SL AWD
Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 PM
2012 Murano
2012 Murano LE

Default Murano brake controller

HI Jason: Realize you posted this back in 2007, wondering if you found an easy way thru the Firewall? I'm preparing to install a Brake Controller on my 2012 - and don't see any easy way to run my Wires thru the Firewall. Not too keen to drill a hole...

Thanks,
Greg.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norco_NS View Post
HI Jason: Realize you posted this back in 2007, wondering if you found an easy way thru the Firewall? I'm preparing to install a Brake Controller on my 2012 - and don't see any easy way to run my Wires thru the Firewall. Not too keen to drill a hole...

Thanks,
Greg.
Pull the back portion of the driver's fender liner down to expose the grommet for the hood release cable. That is the easiest place to run wires into the vehicle.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:47 AM
2012 Murano
2012 Murano LE

Folks: Got thru my Firewall - Thanks to mpe235!

Now have the same issue as Jason's original post. See two (2) Connectors on the Brake Pedal. Lower Connector has "red" and "green" wires, Upper Connector has "red", "light green", "dark green", and "yellow" wires. Found one "red" wire that is live all the time - on the Top Connector, poked 2 more with my 12V Tester - but cannot find which one goes live when you press the Brake Pedal.

Thought I had better ask - as poking my Finger more than the Wires!

Tags
brake, controller, installation