Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Code p0340 Forums > > Code p0340 Code p0340
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-10-2018, 06:53 AM
2007 Murano

Default Code p0340

Hello everyone. I recently got a service engine soon light. Went to autozone and was told it was for a cam shaft sensor so i went ahead and bought both for bank 1 and bank 2 replaced them and my car was up and running good. Two days later the service engine soon came back on and my car shuts off. Took it to auto zone again and the same p0340 code came back on. I went with a mechanic and he got the same codes as well. Anybody have an idea what can it truly be? Please help!!!
Old 02-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Other than the sensor, I have not seen any other component triggering the P0340 code. Only thing I have seen is poor sensor connection. The connectors get damage sometimes and can come loose, there is also a slight chance that the new sensor is damage as well. Was the new sensor exactly the same as the old one?
Old 02-10-2018, 01:31 PM
2007 Murano

Yes the sensors are both fine so is the wiring. Im getting different responses from different mechanics such as it could be the crankshaft, vvt dirty solenoids
to do a flush etc etc im hopeless 😧
Old 02-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Yes, in theory, it is possible that the crankshaft or the VVT solenoid could cause the problem, but it's not common. If the crankshaft position sensor or the VVT solenoid valve fails, there is a code for that. At our shop, the most common problem was the new sensors, so we stop buying aftermarket and use only factory sensors. We still have problems with the new factory sensors but as much as the aftermarket.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:57 AM
2007 Murano

Im going to buy original nissan sensors. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Tags
code, p0340