Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2012 Murano CVT fluid change Forums > > 2012 Murano CVT fluid change 2012 Murano CVT fluid change
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 AM
2012 Murano

Default 2012 Murano CVT fluid change

My 2012 Murano is due a CVT fluid change and I normally do all my own servicing. Have found plenty of threads on the earlier model Murano but none on 2012 onwards. I want to do a complete fluid change. IE flush out cooler etc.
Can anyone point me to some good info on CVT fluid change on the later Murano,s. Cheers.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately, there is no information in the factory service manual on how to service the transmission.

Here is the only information in the manual:
1. Remove drain plug from oil pan.
2. Remove O-ring from drain plug.
3. Install O-ring to drain plug.
CAUTION: Never reuse O-ring.
4. Install drain plug to oil pan.
5. Fill CVT fluid from CVT fluid charging pipe to the specified level.

If you remove the transmission oil pan and leave it out for a couple of hours, you should be able to drain most of the fluid.

2012 Murano CVT fluid change-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Murano CVT fluid change-capture-png  
Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 AM
2012 Murano

Thanks for reply. I will drop old fluid out off transmission and disconnect lines from cooler and use small external pump to remove residual old fluid from cooler.
I checked with our local Nissan dealership and they do not do a "flush" procedure. Regards.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldie View Post
Thanks for reply. I will drop old fluid out off transmission and disconnect lines from cooler and use small external pump to remove residual old fluid from cooler.
I checked with our local Nissan dealership and they do not do a "flush" procedure. Regards.
Thanks for the information. Factory recommends just draining the fluid, no flush is necessary.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 PM
2012 Murano

Further to my CVT fluid change...... I contacted another big Nissan Dealership service department to ask about CVT fluid replacement and was told that the fluid flush/replacement method should be done. They told me that they did not have the required equipment so sent me off to a nearby "Gearbox shop".
The well reputed shop said they do all the CVT servicing for the local Nissan dealership. They disconnected the line to the cooler and hooked in their flush rig. Start the engine and flushed through new fluid until all the old fluid was replaced. I noticed the line they broke into is extra long with a convenient joiner and hose clips all set up for the job. The line and joiner is stowed in a plastic clip just behind radiater/oil cooler, L/H side of car. The gearbox shop offered me the option of servicing with the Nissan NS-2 fluid or they prefer to use "LUBEGUARD CVT FLUID", supposedly superior and definately a satisfactory alternative. Google it for the spec.
Now that I know where the CVT to cooler line is stowed and understand what they do, I think next time I will do the change myself.

Tags
2012, change, cvt, fluid, murano