Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Front Driver Seat Broke Forums > > Front Driver Seat Broke Front Driver Seat Broke
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 01-27-2016, 06:25 PM
2005 Murano
1978 Truck

Default Front Driver Seat Broke

This seems to be a problem. I'll take it apart and get a friend to weld it.

That seems to be the fix. Too bad I'm not a welder.

I think I read the seat base is 600.00 from the factory. And that's if you install it yourself.

Should have been a recall on that!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Take a look at Nissan TSB #NTB05-043d. It includes information on repair and available parts for several repairs of the driver's seat on the 03-07 Murano's, including one for a broken or cracked bracket. It may apply to your vehicle's seat. You can download the TSB here:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local...pp=10&keyid=21
Old 08-18-2016, 04:34 AM
2001 Sentra

Default Front Driver Seat Broke

poor design, cheap/ steel
Old 08-18-2016, 07:49 AM
2005 Murano
1978 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Take a look at Nissan TSB #NTB05-043d. It includes information on repair and available parts for several repairs of the driver's seat on the 03-07 Murano's, including one for a broken or cracked bracket. It may apply to your vehicle's seat. You can download the TSB here:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local...pp=10&keyid=21
I did not look at the link but that's probably the part. They now make a reinforced part that you can replace to make the seat work again and it is much sturder than the old seat bracket.

I got mine welded with some reinforcements added to the weak points. So far it's done very good and my buddy really beefed up the weak spot.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:11 AM
2007 Murano

Hi guys same problem with my 07 here in NZ. I dug out the Service Bulletin and went into Nissan hoping they would look after me and supply the new and improved part however they said it would have to come ex japan and would be $207 NZD. I see plenty of aftermarket (chinese made) rear drivers seat brackets with the extra reinforcing on Ebay and Amazon for around $70usd ($100 NZD) plus $30 NZD freight but I cant confirm if the left hand drive drivers seat and right hand drive drivers seat are the same with just the electric buttons on the opposite side. The forums in the US say the left rear side of the seat gives way (closest to the door) and in mine it is also the left rear side (closest to centre console) so I suspect it is the same. Im new to the forum so didn't want to hijack this thread however two of the same going seemed pointless. Cheers Steve
Old 09-12-2016, 12:24 PM
2005 Murano
1978 Truck

If you know everything that you are going to have to do to install the reinforced bracket, and feel comfortable doing such. you can order what you need off ebay for about 73 dollars free shipping and will recieve it in less than a week.
It is the one made by Dorman. Be sure and read the Nissan Murano TSB that explains all the steps involved in taking the seat out, tearing it apart and installing the new bracket. Then bolting it back in your car.

A link to a reputable seller on ebay...Seat Installation Bracket Fits 2003 2007 Nissan Murano Dorman OE Soluti | eBay

The step by step TSB is - NTB05-043d

I see there is a link above to the tsb. I just didnt want to take my seat apart, just out is why I had it welded.
I would not hesitate to install the reinforced part if I needed too.

Last edited by dadymurano; 09-12-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Tags
broke, driver, front, seat