Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Keyless remote issues Forums > > Keyless remote issues Keyless remote issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
ririro

Default Keyless remote issues

I have a 2007 Murano and have noticed that my keyless remote seems extremely sensitive to touch: the car unlocks and the windows roll down with just the slightest pressure against the key fob, which is very annoying when the fob is resting in my purse, it's raining outside, and the windows start rolling down on their own. Has anyone else experience this and, if so, any solutions you've found? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:57 AM

2007 Murano

I have had the same issues. Unfortunately I have not found any solutions other then finding a new place to put my keys... oh and developing a compulsion to check my windows from work every 5 minutes... ;)
Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Fletch

Exclamation The Keyfob Is Unacceptable

Original post from Parker

ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH INTEL. KEY
from reading these postings i see most of you with intel. keys have had the experience of your key touching something in a pocket and rolling down your windows..as it is designed to do.

i was told by the factory rep. at my dealership that nissan would consider redesigning the keyfob so that merely pressing it against your leg in a pants pocket would not roll your windows down while your car is outside in the elements.

please call 1-800-NISSAN-1...wait for the prompt for ''other issues you may need to discuss'' (have your vin # ready) and tell them
THAT THE SHAPE OF THE KEYFOB IS UNACCEPTABLE.

PLEASE SITE SAFETY AS YOUR PRIMARY CONCERN.

IF THOSE WINDOWS ROLL DOWN...
1. your electric seats and seat motors are history in a rainstorm.
2. your car is moldy and wet
3. your stereo may be reduced to a mass of dangling wires at the
hands of thieves.
4. your personal belongings (which, btw, are NOT COVERED by
you auto insurance...but by your homeowner's insurance at
usually a much higher rate...and at depreciated values on your
possessions. some car owner's don't own homes and carry
no such insurance) are sure to disappear.
5. and last but not least....god forbid some ax-murderer doesn't
notice your windows are down and climbs in only to pop out
from under your cargo cover.

this feature is not able to be disabled by the factory, the dealer, nor the owner...so evidently more than just the roll down feature is tied to the chip that controls this feature....and i for one WANT this feature as i have paid for it, already.

BUT WHAT I DO INSIST UPON..is that this feature pose no threat to my safety nor to that of my wife and children...or to the trade-in value of my murano.

a simple fix is all i ask..and that is the shape of the keyfob needs to be such that the rounded top cannot inadvertently be activated by bumping it. this feature was activated in my car while it sat in a parking lot outside my warehouse...while i was over 75ft away...through 7 interior walls and a two foot thick solid block, brick-faced wall.

while we are all going in for recalls on the ignition...this could easily be remedied at the same time.

please call 1-800-NISSAN-1....and help out those of us who are having this problem, even if you are not...as we would all be happy to help you if the situation were reversed. i have noticed that some of you have little patience for those of us who have these seemingly minor problems. but, engineers should take into consideration where keys are normally stored..ie the purse or pants..and design the keys to fit the lifestyle. so, we have intelligent keys..that we paid over 1000 bucks for built into the price and now need to redesign our lives so that our keys cannot be used handily...which is the intent of the intel key to begin with.

i once had a VERY GOOD REASON to initiate a lemon-law suit, which i won...and i am here to tell you...that these sites are very vulnerable to oversite by trained paralegals of the automobile manufacturers....any one of the posters could be one of them...so, if you feel you have an issue that doesn't meet minimum safety specs..don't be bullied by the guy who poo-poos your intelligence because you can't seem to operate your window roll-down feature..or keep it from operating. chances are he is a trained paralegal gathering data in order to provide training for someone who may later deal with your complaint to nissan...and his sole purpose is to make you feel like an idiot for even mentioning it with hopes that you may just go away.

the keyfob is DEFECTIVELY DESIGNED. it's not a biggy as far as a shape redesign. nissan more than likely buys these things from another manufacturer upon which they can fall back for liability and replacement. it's not gonna cost them a cent to fix...but think about what it may cost YOU, THE CONSUMER, if your windows should roll down in a place or in weather where they shouldn't be rolled down.

thank you for reading through this.

please call 1-800-NISSAN-1 and stand on them. the life you save maybe that of your child.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
2015 Rogue

The auto roll down feature can be disabled with the nissan scan tool.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Penderwheels

Check the posts at NISSANMURANO.ORG. under "We Need A Recall On The Keyfob. Ideas?"

Parker really got flamed for the identical post on that site and nit-picking on a minor problem.

Personally, I think her deserves it.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Original post from Parker

IF THOSE WINDOWS ROLL DOWN...
1. your electric seats and seat motors are history in a rainstorm.
2. your car is moldy and wet
3. your stereo may be reduced to a mass of dangling wires at the
hands of thieves.
4. your personal belongings (which, btw, are NOT COVERED by
you auto insurance...but by your homeowner's insurance at
usually a much higher rate...and at depreciated values on your
possessions. some car owner's don't own homes and carry
no such insurance) are sure to disappear.
5. and last but not least....god forbid some ax-murderer doesn't
notice your windows are down and climbs in only to pop out
from under your cargo cover.

*Your seats won't be history unless it is a monsoon or a flood.
*Thieves don't usually take factory stereos.
*You probably should move to a better neighborhood if you have ax-murderers running around.

Any remote in a pocket or purse has the potential for buttons to be pressed unintentionally. The only way around this would be to put some kind of cover that would open and close over the buttons but I'm not sure that would be satisfactory to you either because it wouldn't be convenient to have to open the cover to push the button. It would be just as convenient to take the key out of your pocket and unlock the door.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
*Your seats won't be history unless it is a monsoon or a flood.
*Thieves don't usually take factory stereos.
*You probably should move to a better neighborhood if you have ax-murderers running around.

Any remote in a pocket or purse has the potential for buttons to be pressed unintentionally. The only way around this would be to put some kind of cover that would open and close over the buttons but I'm not sure that would be satisfactory to you either because it wouldn't be convenient to have to open the cover to push the button. It would be just as convenient to take the key out of your pocket and unlock the door.
That's great!! :-)
Old 09-29-2013, 09:46 AM
2011 Murano

Question Keyfob buttons don't work

I have a 2011 Murano with intelligent keyfob. My husband and I were driving store to store. All of sudden, the buttons stopped working on his keyfob. His is not used as much as mine is, since it's my car, but he does use it at least once a week. I pulled mine out and the buttons worked fine, but his buttons still don't work and it's been a week. If he uses the door handle button to unlock and lock the car, it works. And the car starts with the keyfob in his pocket. However, the buttons on it don't seem to do anything. Just dead and very suddenly. I couldn't find this particular scenario described in other posts. Can this be fixed or does it have to be replaced?
Old 10-19-2013, 11:56 AM
2011 Murano

Default No Replies related to my issue

I see a lot of "replies" all dated 2007 and nothing to do with my post. This is really odd. I expected to see a reply dated after my post, with perhaps a helpful suggestion, or answering the question I asked. So just for the record, none of these "linked replies" apply to my post. I will assume there is no response.

Tags
issues, keyless, remote