Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
06 Murano AWD lurching during acceleration Forums > > 06 Murano AWD lurching during acceleration 06 Murano AWD lurching during acceleration
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 AM
2006 Murano

Angry 06 Murano AWD lurching during acceleration

I have a 2006 Murano AWD with 131,000 miles on it. After driving for a while or on a hot day the Murano starts lurching during acceleration. It almost feels like you are getting rear ended. When it starts, it always happens at 20 mph and again at 30 mph. If I keep driving, it will start at nearly 10 mph increments. We have had the cylinders and plug tubes checked for moisture. We have replaced the spark plugs with NGK plugs because 10,000 miles ago we put Denzos in and thought that might be the issue, but it didn't solve the problem. Nissan had it for two weeks and all they could say was they think it is a misfire, but since it is not throwing any codes, I need to drive it until it gets worse. I also had it at a private shop for a week and they were the ones who scoped the cylinders and recommeded replacing the plugs. They are now stumped too. The lurching has been getting stronger lately. There are still no codes and the truck has not stalled or anything like that. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? Could a sensor...o2, A/F, throttle body...maybe be causing this? I am at a loss at what could cause this behavior only after driving for a while and always at such consistent speed intervals. Nissan swears it is not the tranny. Any advice is much appreciated! This is getting old!

Tags
acceleration, awd, lurching, murano